BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Never understood why nobody tried to turn Clive into a batsman. He's as pure a striker as anyone in domestic cricket batting in the lower middle order

Never understood why nobody tried to turn Clive into a batsman. He's as pure a striker as anyone in domestic cricket batting in the lower middle order
I very rarely remember many BBL moments for more than 5 minutes, but I definitely remember the ridiculous square cut he hit Cummins for 3 or 4 seasons back.

Stanlake/Worrall trade has been confirmed. Hard to say who wins that trade. If the Stars get the Stanlake of the past couple of seasons, he’ll just be cannon fodder - but I feel there’s more potential and longevity from him in this format.

Win-win. Strikers desperately needed a wicket taker for the powerplay.

Dawid Malan has confirmed he's close to signing with a team. Big signing for whoever gets him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Christian moving to Sixers.

When the Renegades signed him it felt like they signed him up for a year too long so to pass that risk onto Sydney is probably not the worst piece of business as you'd suspect it would be to free up cash for Handscomb perhaps.

Realistic Predicted best 11 for the Hurricanes if the trades come thru
1. Darcy Short
2. Matthew Wade
3. International (Batsman)
4. Mac Wright
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Ben McDermott
7. James Faulkner
8. International (Preferably a Spinner All Rounder)
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Riley Meredith
11. Scott Boland

Dream best 11 for the Hurricanes
1. Darcy Short
2. Matthew Wade
3. Jason Roy
4. Caleb Jewell/Mac Wright
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Ben McDermott (Wicket-Keeper)
7. James Faulkner
8. Jofra Archer
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Nick Winter/Peter Siddle (Preferably Nick Winter as Hurricanes need a spinner)
11. Riley Meredith

Cusp: Tim David, Jake Doran, Scott Boland, David Moody etc

Realistic Predicted best 11 for the Hurricanes if the trades come thru
1. Darcy Short
2. Matthew Wade
3. International (Batsman)
4. Mac Wright
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Ben McDermott
7. James Faulkner
8. International (Preferably a Spinner All Rounder)
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Riley Meredith
11. Scott Boland

Dream best 11 for the Hurricanes
1. Darcy Short
2. Matthew Wade
3. Jason Roy
4. Caleb Jewell/Mac Wright
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Ben McDermott (Wicket-Keeper)
7. James Faulkner
8. Jofra Archer
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Nick Winter/Peter Siddle (Preferably Nick Winter as Hurricanes need a spinner)
11. Riley Meredith

Cusp: Tim David, Jake Doran, Scott Boland, David Moody etc
Nick Winter is a seamer?

Good signing. Any half decent domestic player is a good pick up given the lack of player movement in the BBL.

When you have Short, Wade and McDermott you just need a few other guys that are capable at the level for support and Handscomb fits the bill.

If all those Pommy bats are available I wonder if they could get Rashid as an overseas bowler? A quality spinner is what Hobart badly need.

Apparently Bairstow and Roy as well as Malan in talks now too.
this is the grade cricketer's best chance to get an interview with bairstow if he comes over

Good signing. Any half decent domestic player is a good pick up given the lack of player movement in the BBL.

When you have Short, Wade and McDermott you just need a few other guys that are capable at the level for support and Handscomb fits the bill.

If all those Pommy bats are available I wonder if they could get Rashid as an overseas bowler? A quality spinner is what Hobart badly need.
I would love to have Rashid at the Hurricanes, makes the bowling attack look scary

Good to see the strikers being active and trying to improve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back