BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

I too am very much looking forward to BBL|010.

Fixture to be announced mid-July, or so I read in whatever article I was reading on cricket.com.au the other day.

BBL10-Full-Schedule.png

according to that write-up all the Saturday double-headers and most of the Friday matches (plus Xmas Eve) will be fox exclusive. I look forward to whatever shitty gimmick they try to bring in for 21-22, when a solution to keep fans interest is pretty ******* obvious

Tournament is way too long. Greedy sods have ruined it.
WBBL have it go for 38 days or something like that with the same amount of fixtures. Need to move to that model

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
It will start slow pre-christmas and pre-school holidays but hopefully end with a bang before the kids go back to school.

Last edited:

engage13

Rookie
Jul 13, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
20th December the Stars vs Strikers at City Power center? the old Junction oval?
Eddie would be fuming about this

20th December the Stars vs Strikers at City Power center? the old Junction oval?
Eddie would be fuming about this
I don't see why, even if he was still the Stars president.

the stars would have the biggest following argurbly of all the BBL teams. seems a strange fixture decision
Somebody mentioned a few posts earlier they're not playing in Moe this time around, so the Junction has basically just been swapped in for that fixture. If they have to host a match a few days before the MCG Test, this seems like the best solution. They're also hosting a game on the Gold Coast again though, which is a waste of time.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Shows how strong the BBL is when they are now playing games at the Junction, will probably not even sell out if crowds are allowed!

The biggest farce for Australian cricket though is they have big test series v India and there will not be a single shield game being played anywhere in Australia for the entire duration.

Shows how strong the BBL is when they are now playing games at the Junction, will probably not even sell out if crowds are allowed!
Or, as somebody mentioned earlier, maybe it just shows that they have to schedule around Tests (like always). Of course it will sell out, wtf are you on about.

Back