BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know the time frame in which Pooran will be available, it seems like Bairstow might not play at all

Does anyone know the time frame in which Pooran will be available, it seems like Bairstow might not play at all
He said he's playing a 6 game stint starting Dec 26 but I think WI go to Bangladesh in January so can't play the whole tournament as a replacement for Bairstow.

Andre Fletcher is who the Stars have signed to replace Bairstow.

Just looking back to the start 9 years ago
Some things remain the same (Stars choking against Thunder)
Amazingly some names are still around
Things have fortunately got better for Thunder since the early days at ANZ Stadium

Just looking back to the start 9 years ago
Some things remain the same (Stars choking against Thunder)
Amazingly some names are still around
Things have fortunately got better for Thunder since the early days at ANZ Stadium
Ahh Jade Dernbach, god he was terrible.

If the Stars payed anything more than about 20 cents for his services they got ripped off bigtime

I guess we sort of saw an instance of how the sub rule can be used last night. Although it can only be used after 10 overs subbing out a batsmen for a bowler or vice versa could play a huge role in the outcome of the game. Australia probably would’ve won last night if it wasn’t for that sub.

I guess we sort of saw an instance of how the sub rule can be used last night. Although it can only be used after 10 overs subbing out a batsmen for a bowler or vice versa could play a huge role in the outcome of the game. Australia probably would’ve won last night if it wasn’t for that sub.
Except for the fact that Jadeja is an a better bowler than Chahal. The fact Chahal got 3/25 is an indictment on the Aussie batters

Except for the fact that Jadeja is an a better bowler than Chahal. The fact Chahal got 3/25 is an indictment on the Aussie batters
Chahal is probably more deadly but also goes for more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuesday and Wednesday games that start at 4pm. Who comes up with this sh*t?
who comes up with the games in Perth being the start of a double header, that’s the real question
Bairstow is going to be picked for England's Test tour of Sri Lanka in January so is going to pull out of playing for the Stars:

TGC in absolute shambles here
Tom Banton is out for the season.
don’t blame him, he’s basically been in a bubble since like July or so? that’s a ******* long time

Double blow for the Heat with Mujeeb testing positive for COVID19 in hotel quarantine.

The most surprising part of that story is that he is the #2 ranked T20 bowler in the world.

Looking at the rankings:

1. Rashid Khan - yep fair enough
2. Mujeeb
3. Agar
4. Adil Rashid
5. Shamsi
6. Zampa
7. Santner
8. Kane Richardson

Bizarro world. I'm guessing everyone else must be rotating quicks like Australia in T20 and they don't play enough games to hit the charts or something. I suppose also helps that the spinners get their overs away in the "dead" overs through the middle of the innings.

Last edited:
Double blow for the Heat with Mujeeb testing positive for COVID19 in hotel quarantine.

The most surprising part of that story is that he is the #2 ranked T20 bowler in the world.

Looking at the rankings:

1. Rashid Khan - yep fair enough
2. Mujeeb
3. Agar
4. Adil Rashid
5. Shamsi
6. Zampa
7. Santner
8. Kane Richardson

Bizarro world. I'm guessing everyone else must be rotating quicks like Australia in T20 and they don't play enough games to hit the charts or something. I suppose also helps that the spinners get their overs away in the "dead" overs through the middle of the innings.
That is insane. Also I’m not trying to take anything away from Dawid Malan but there is no way he is the best T20 batsmen in the world either.

That is insane. Also I’m not trying to take anything away from Dawid Malan but there is no way he is the best T20 batsmen in the world either.

He’s played 19 games, averages 50 and scored 9 50s and 1 hundred. That’s insane in the format, at least 50 every second innings. Kohli only goes at 1 per 3 innings for comparison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back