BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Having the final at Optus would be a better spectacle as they would be able to have a full crowd there or close to it, if it was at the SCG they would probably still have crowd restrictions.

And last year too. Very easy to whinge about them coming in but the others put them in a position to win.

The Sixers shouldn't need ring ins like Starc or Smith for finals when their normal team is good enough to make finals and finish top of the ladder.

If I was them I'd prefer to win the title without ring in Australian test players as it would cheapen the achievement with them bolstering their team.

Having the final at Optus would be a better spectacle as they would be able to have a full crowd there or close to it, if it was at the SCG they would probably still have crowd restrictions.

The Sixers shouldn't need ring ins like Starc or Smith for finals when their normal team is good enough to make finals and finish top of the ladder.

If I was them I'd prefer to win the title without ring in Australian test players as it would cheapen the achievement with them bolstering their team.

The Sixers structure their cap around them being available it’s why their imports are so cheap or close to the worst ones.

No bbl until friday...

234g4j.jpg

Optus is still at 50% capacity. Somewhat bizarre WA have been stuck on 50% capacity for months when they were all but ready to go to 100% in June, before the Victoria outbreak spooked them.

Given Gladys is hinting at lifting restrictions in the coming days, ironically it could be Sydney with the superior capacity by the time of the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only issue is each season is actually two years. I hate referring to teams as the 2020/21 champions.
Good point. Maybe just say '2021 Champions', referring to the year of the winning final, rather than the entire season. I think the NBA does this. It would be better than 'BBL 06', etc, which is pretty meaningless.

Only issue is each season is actually two years. I hate referring to teams as the 2020/21 champions.
I enjoy it, but that might be because I've played in a cricket flag before and still refer to it as the 2010/11 flag.

View attachment 1047030

Official Team of the Year has dropped...

Thoughts?

Chris Lynn the biggest snub - surely gets a run.

Maxwell played some great innings but failed a number of times.

Dan Christian?...

Stars have the most reps in the squad. 🤪

When you are picking 5 bowlers + Maxwell you don't need an all rounder in Christian.

Also wouldn't have Steketee anywhere near the team despite the wickets column.

View attachment 1047030

Official Team of the Year has dropped...

Thoughts?

Chris Lynn the biggest snub - surely gets a run.

Maxwell played some great innings but failed a number of times.

Dan Christian?...

Stars have the most reps in the squad. 🤪
Wow how does Lynn not get picked?

He has more runs, a higher average and a better strike rate than all of Mcdermott, Munro & Maxwell and he's played less games.

Also surely the xfactors have to be someone who actually played that role?

My bad on tipping. I put Strikers v Thunder on on Tuesday instead of Monday, meaning everyone had the chance to tip that game after it had finished. Per usual rules I have listed that game as a draw. My apologies, but please let me know if you see an error like that.

Playoffs are now open for tipping:

Usually come late nothing to worry there
Not always, it's been stormy and raining all day today. We generally get evening storms after warmer summer days, and it's not expected to be that hot over the weekend.

Last edited:
Wow how does Lynn not get picked?

He has more runs, a higher average and a better strike rate than all of Mcdermott, Munro & Maxwell and he's played less games.
Totally agree, Lynn should have been in ahead of Maxwell.

Also surely the xfactors have to be someone who actually played that role?
Why? Barely any of them played, I don't think any of them really contributed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back