Satan

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I knew it was a few years ago the development , later today ill look for any photos I took , I know the local is called the griffen
From dec 2013 , the new stadium development was pie in the sky ,think the initial design was out and there was discussion with the council
They won that day vs mk dons and got promoted to div 1 that year
2AE89447-B7E1-4F20-ADFC-2D41EFF1AA06.jpeg

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
The Championship
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Wycombe Wanderers have announced the first game in front of fans at Adams Park for 2021 will be against Leicester City. Good get.

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
Morecambe?
Isnt their logo a prawn?

Also, the reason I came here
FC United womens got promoted via application into the 4th tier

This will put us in the same league as clubs such as Leeds United and Newcastle United

Should've been here a long time prior
Been the best team in the league for the last 2 seasons
And last year we knocked off 2 tier 4 sides (5-2 and 2-1) in the FA Cup before being knocked out by another tier 4 side (2-1)

Also, on the womens league
I didnt realise their FA Cup quarter finals had been delayed into next season.

Leicester will have played half the tournament as a tier 2 side, and then the quarter finals as a tier 1 side. Interesting factoid.

DEVO

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
The National League Playoff final is this weekend, Hartlepool v Torquay, for the final spot in the Football League.

Hartlepool were relegated to the National League at the end of the 2016/17 and were almost wound up a year later only to be saved by a group of supporters who set up a fund raising campaign to pay off the tax bill.

Torquay were relegated to the Conference in 2014 and were relegated again to the 6th tier a few years later before winning promotion back to the National League for the 2019/20 season.

Both clubs have long proud histories in the Football League, it would be nice to see one of them return. My preference would be Hartlepool because they are considered by many Cumbrian fans as a "derby" game being only 70 miles from Carlisle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad