2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

EfoNdPPWsAEy46Z

EfoNdPSXgAQIreP

At least when Wednesday go down next year I won’t have to change threads! Crazy how quickly it’s coming back. Glad though, Hawthorn isn’t giving me any pleasure so now gotta look forward to Sheff Wednesday and Barnet letting me down

so those invited clubs, is that their first teams or academies?

Was just chatting to my mate about expectations for Middlesbrough next season. Basically we have NFI. Expect a Neil Warnick team to be hard to beat and maybe we can snag enough goals to get top half of the table. If we signed somebody a bit special then who knows? But we have no cash to spend and seem to be snapping up 3rd div players so in all honesty a top half finish would be success.

Was just chatting to my mate about expectations for Middlesbrough next season. Basically we have NFI. Expect a Neil Warnick team to be hard to beat and maybe we can snag enough goals to get top half of the table. If we signed somebody a bit special then who knows? But we have no cash to spend and seem to be snapping up 3rd div players so in all honesty a top half finish would be success.

Grigg for 5 million and giving us McNair and Fletch back?

Warnock peaked nearly 15 years ago now. I have some time for Boro being a Tees club and their Australian connections and my own memories with fitba, but sheesh, when you see guys like Philip Cocu who have had some of the finest tactics in the world going through them an entire career – which barely ended 10 years ago – and they can only bring mid-table finishes...

Excited and worried for AFC Wimbledon to start a new season in League One. They were a real chance to be relegated when the season ended, after a strong middle part of the season partly due to young loan players that are no longer there like Sanders, Trott and most importantly Marcus Forss (will be great to see him become a regular in the Championship for Brentford if not back on loan at AFC). Will have to wait and see if Trueman and Oksanen can do the same but moving to their new Plough Lane home has to be worth a bit of Wombles hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone got the feeling Brentford won't be up there this year? buying 28-year olds for 10 million pounds is giving me a bit of a vibe. I reckon mid-table. got a feeling Boro might push for the play-offs and get promoted. got the same feeling about Cov too? Forest and Watford should be in the automatic spots. can see the Cherries mid-table too.

Carlisle United have gone through a bit of a clean out to start the season, about a dozen players were let go and dozen new ones brought in, most of them I don't know anything about. Not overly confident for the season ahead, but I'm happy to be surprised.

The draw for the season was released over night and Carlisle start the season in Cambridge on September 12. The big game though is the first Cumbrian derby since the 70's when Barrow travel to Brunton Park on October 3. Would have loved to have been there, shame it can't happen. The return derby is in Barrow in April 10, hopefully that is a game I can go and watch live.

I love the leagues below the PL more than I love the PL. There’s just something more pure in these leagues.

I saw League 1/2 were bringing in a salary cap? I like the move but it also increases the gap between the Championship and League 1

The salary cap is ******* stupid on so many levels and ignores the even bigger issue of the EFL's ownership test being an absolute pile of wank which is what has caused clubs to go bust or suffer severe financial problems.

I saw during the week that games in the 7th tier have been capped at crowds of 650

sucks when we go at ~2k a game (and youd think more if people couldnt attend higher tiers)

How are FCUM looking this year?
I generally dont pay attention to off-season signings (almost always frees from teams between 5th-8th tier)
or pre-season friendlies (we won one of our games in the 90th minute with a goal by "#14, trialist #2")
Will wait until the season kicks off to get fully into it (still a few weeks away) and support the boys fully.
I just hope we make it to the 4th tier.

Building them up in fm is one thing (my fm16 save atm i have them as a mid-table premier league side) but playing in FIFA would be grand as well.

I saw during the week that games in the 7th tier have been capped at crowds of 650

sucks when we go at ~2k a game (and youd think more if people couldnt attend higher tiers)

There might be a reason for that..

Warnock peaked nearly 15 years ago now. I have some time for Boro being a Tees club and their Australian connections and my own memories with fitba, but sheesh, when you see guys like Philip Cocu who have had some of the finest tactics in the world going through them an entire career – which barely ended 10 years ago – and they can only bring mid-table finishes...

Warnock got a bang average Cardiff side promoted only two years ago. And he performed miracles at Rotherham only a year before that to keep them in the championship. He's still a good manager.

The salary cap is ******* stupid on so many levels and ignores the even bigger issue of the EFL's ownership test being an absolute pile of wank which is what has caused clubs to go bust or suffer severe financial problems.
I don't mind the idea of salary caps for the lower 2 leagues, I think maybe the cap for league 1 is a little low as it will probably mean any team will struggle to compete on an equal footing when they win promotion to the Championship.

I do agree 100% about the EFL's ownership tests, the EFL need laws with genuine teeth that will allow for a thorough investigation into the prospective owners to ensure we don't see people with ulterior motives for owning a club. We don't want to see another Knighton or Vaughn (too name two that have owned clubs I follow) managing clubs into the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back