2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

is that why you support em?
Yes and no.

I decided to take an interest in overseas sport about five years ago as a way of drowning out the increasingly negative news cycle. So I went looking for teams.

I didn't want to pick the top teams or the most well known teams - not my style. And when it came to soccer, I found the Premier league boring - same few teams competing each year and the rest making up the numbers. The Championship was kinda PL-lite. Nothing grabbed me in League One so down to League Two and then I hit Wycombe.

On the oner hand, it was obvious. But then it was fan-owned, which I loved (there are some really objectionable owners in football), but also Gareth and his story I loved. It struck me as a club I could relate to in a bunch of ways.

And it's been a great ride. From small news stories about trying to hang on in League Two, to the Championship and all that entails. Good times.

Grigg for 5 million and giving us McNair and Fletch back?
McNair is going nowhere. Fletch is hit and miss. He had a great second half of last season. Plus I didn't think you had 5mill to give us ;)
The salary cap is ******* stupid on so many levels and ignores the even bigger issue of the EFL's ownership test being an absolute pile of wank which is what has caused clubs to go bust or suffer severe financial problems.
The salary cap is a great idea but if it doesn't start at the top - and I mean the Euro leagues - then it will just ruin the leagues that adhere to it.
Warnock got a bang average Cardiff side promoted only two years ago. And he performed miracles at Rotherham only a year before that to keep them in the championship. He's still a good manager.
I've never been a fan but he does have a habit of doing good things with very little. I'd be happy with a mid-table finish next year - a bit of consolidation really - and then see if we can leap off that for a promotion push the year after. Who knows? We had 9 seasons in this league before one horrific crack at the EPL and it's entirely possible we've got another 9 coming up.

Forest lost again.
Lost four out of four this season and haven’t scored yet! Maybe haven’t got over that last day loss to Stoke that saw them fal out of playoff race?

Lost four out of four this season and haven’t scored yet! Maybe haven’t got over that last day loss to Stoke that saw them fal out of playoff race?

They haven't won in 10 games and only 3 from their last 19 going back to last season.

Will have to make a change of manager sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s great being able to pay 7 pounds to watch the games, but the coverage is so bad. In the last Boro game there was no commentary and today the commentary is 5 seconds behind and the camerawork is abysmal.

Nice to be winning though :)

It’s great being able to pay 7 pounds to watch the games, but the coverage is so bad. In the last Boro game there was no commentary and today the commentary is 5 seconds behind and the camerawork is abysmal.

Nice to be winning though :)
When the streaming first started it was horrible. The last season or two has been OK (the streaming, not the football :D ) But then it has started badly again this year. It's hilarious that I can pay Optus $99 to watch nearly 400 EPL games but to watch about 35 Boro games costs $250. And by hilarious, I mean disgusting.

No one knows which team you are talking about when you do this.
only have to read my sig

Do I need to spell it out for you

FC United of Manchester, Est. 2005, 05/06, 06/07, 14/15 champions have an 0-3-0 start now :(

Carlisle United’s first League match against a fellow Cumbrian footballl club since December 28 1964 is taking place tonight our time, and no one will be there to see it. :sleepy:

Forest are 0-2 down at home to Bristol City.

Blowing that playoff spot last season on the final day has really done a number on the NFFC players it seems

Why are you so obsessed with Forest? Haha.

1-0 to City meanwhile, still haven't conceded. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back