2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams in England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy to have played at least 4 games and won all 4 without conceding:

Hull City.

Yeah it's so impressive playing against the likes of Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Accrington Stanley :)

Yeah it's so impressive playing against the likes of Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Accrington Stanley :)

Weird comment but ok.

If it was so easy why aren't the Sunderlands/Ipswichs/Charltons of the league similarly flying?

It's all relative friend.

2nd and 4th in the table and undefeated. High fives all round.

I haven't even looked - when do we play you guys? At the moment I'm trying to stay grounded (outside enjoying the stats we're re-writing) about promotion until we play some of the 'big boys' in the division.

I haven't even looked - when do we play you guys? At the moment I'm trying to stay grounded (outside enjoying the stats we're re-writing) about promotion until we play some of the 'big boys' in the division.

We play you at the SoL in the Christmas rush and go to your place next year near the end of the season. Looking forward to those games!

We play you at the SoL in the Christmas rush and go to your place next year near the end of the season. Looking forward to those games!

Yeah me too, with no disrespect to teams in this league, I don't know a lot about a lot of them so have no sense of hype around any of the games (I guess maybe Doncaster with the McCann history will be good) so looking forward to clashing with you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struber has left Barnsley for New York Red Bulls :( He understandably wasn't happy with the lack of investment from the owners (who are worth 7 billion) Previously coached Red Bull Salzburg so they know him well

The club still haven't replaced Jacob Brown, after they promised all the money recieved for him would be reinvested. Brought back Ludewig on a season long loan and already let him leave 4 games into the season. Also sent Ritzmaier out on loan.

Also in an argument with the Cryne family, the family of our recent, deceased owner over the ground and have threatened to play away from Oakwell

All in all, a pretty typical season I'm afraid :(

Hull City battered 4-1 away to Fleetwood Town :)

Have been usurped at The top of L1 due to goal difference 🤡🤡🤡

We weren't top of L1 even prior to that.

Good of you to keep such a close eye on things.

Some EFL clubs will "disappear within five to six weeks" unless they get financial support, says Nigel Travis, chairman of League Two Leyton Orient.

He also said 'Project Big Picture' - a plan by Liverpool and Manchester United to reform the English football pyramid - was a "great proposal".

The idea includes reducing the Premier League to 18 clubs and scrapping the EFL Cup.

In return, the EFL would get 25% of all future TV deals plus a £250m bail-out.

"If clubs don't get something soon you will see clubs disappear, I would predict, within 5-6 weeks," Travis told BBC Radio 5 Live.

But he added: "One thing I need to quash is, this isn't about the pandemic, this is about a crisis in football that goes back many years.

"Before the pandemic, 75% of clubs were losing money - that can't continue. The pandemic has, if you like, exacerbated the problem and we need to get it fixed. "I know you are talking about 'Project Big Picture' - this is a great proposal as far as we are concerned. It is certainly very promising and clubs need it.
"Something like this has to go through."

The government has agreed a funding package with clubs in the National League, which allowed their season to begin last week behind closed doors, but there has been no support for EFL clubs, with Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden suggesting the Premier League could support lower-league sides.

Some EFL clubs will "disappear within five to six weeks" unless they get financial support, says Nigel Travis, chairman of League Two Leyton Orient.

He also said 'Project Big Picture' - a plan by Liverpool and Manchester United to reform the English football pyramid - was a "great proposal".

The idea includes reducing the Premier League to 18 clubs and scrapping the EFL Cup.

"If clubs don't get something soon you will see clubs disappear, I would predict, within 5-6 weeks," Travis told BBC Radio 5 Live.

But he added: "One thing I need to quash is, this isn't about the pandemic, this is about a crisis in football that goes back many years.

"Before the pandemic, 75% of clubs were losing money - that can't continue. The pandemic has, if you like, exacerbated the problem and we need to get it fixed. "I know you are talking about 'Project Big Picture' - this is a great proposal as far as we are concerned. It is certainly very promising and clubs need it.

The government has agreed a funding package with clubs in the National League, which allowed their season to begin last week behind closed doors, but there has been no support for EFL clubs, with Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden suggesting the Premier League could support lower-league sides.

Well there you go. It looks like project big picture is as much about EFL chasing more money from the PL as it is big clubs in the PL wanting more control in return.

I say bring the PL back under control of the EFL. Have all divisions of professional football governed by the same authority just like it was before changes were made to the structure in 1992.

Reminds me of that old Paul Keating quote: never get between a state premier and a big lump of money.

While there will be some people who don't like it, I get the feeling that "Project Big Picture" may get up, but not in it's current form. A lot of the EFL clubs Chairmen that have voiced their opinions to date have been positive and believe it's a step in the right direction, some of the EPL chairmen have not been as positive because it gives the "top 6" clubs greater powers.

The Carlisle United co owner has expressed his opinion in the article below.

Carlisle Utd's John Nixon backs 'Project Big Picture' aims

As mentioned in the article, three or four L2 clubs are facing immediate financial peril, one of them may be Carlisle. The other owner of Carlisle, Edinburgh Woollen Mill are going into administration. Not sure how this effects Carlisle, but John Nixon stats we should be okay even though we have £2.1million in loans from EWM secured against club assets.

While there will be some people who don't like it, I get the feeling that "Project Big Picture" may get up, but not in it's current form. A lot of the EFL clubs Chairmen that have voiced their opinions to date have been positive and believe it's a step in the right direction, some of the EPL chairmen have not been as positive because it gives the "top 6" clubs greater powers.

The Carlisle United co owner has expressed his opinion in the article below.

Carlisle Utd's John Nixon backs 'Project Big Picture' aims

As mentioned in the article, three or four L2 clubs are facing immediate financial peril, one of them may be Carlisle. The other owner of Carlisle, Edinburgh Woollen Mill are going into administration. Not sure how this effects Carlisle, but John Nixon stats we should be okay even though we have £2.1million in loans from EWM secured against club assets.

Something needs to happen in order for money to be redistributed to the lower league teams which have been impacted most by coronavirus with their heavy reliance on gate takings and food/beverage sales.

Obviously there will have to be some sort of tradeoff with the clubs that generate most of the revenue that will be redistributed to lower league teams. Hopefully an agreement is reached where the current voting system stays in place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back