2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Would prefer to see MK Dons go down myself, along with Wigan (which looks a real possibility) and Portsmouth.

Why Wigan to go down? I have a fair level of sympathy for them even with the 8-0 drubbing they gave us.

Why Wigan to go down? I have a fair level of sympathy for them even with the 8-0 drubbing they gave us.
Wigan are one of the perennial 3rd/4th tier clubs that Carlisle would meet back in the eighties and nineties, and while we went backwards thanks to an owner who thought he was abducted by aliens, Wigan were purchased by a "billionaire" and began their rise up to leagues. A little bit of jealousy perhaps, but they were one of the teams I got to see play at Brunton Park back in the mid nineties (we won 2-1) and I thought their fans were a bunch of w***ers. :)

MK Dons is obvious but what's wrong with Portsmouth?
I want to see one of the big clubs fall.:)

Bradford City is similiar in size (probably a little smaller) and they are falling, but I have family links to the city, my mother's maiden name is Bradford and part of her family came from that area before "immigrating" to Australia in the late 18th century.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
gifntext-gif2.gif

It would be quite something if all of Forest, Wednesday and Derby got relegated to League 1. There's a possibility of it happening too, even with a change of manager, Forest are still woeful. What the hell is going on with them?

Carlisle move up to fourth and Bradford move into the relegation positions after the Cumbrians win 1-0 at Valley Parade.

Wigan Athletic look to be in some trouble in League One, currently in pat past and looking at returning to the fourth tier for the first time since the nineties.

Last edited:

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Another loss to Wednesday in the Championship.

I genuinely thought the wins and / or draws would start accumulating under Tony Pulis, but this is their second loss in a row with three draws before that and a total of 4 points out of 21 in recent weeks.

About a month and a bit ago I made comment that the competition (tier 7) was being postponed 1 month due to covid regulations.

The regulations changed for now (either return to play last week or next week) but things were reclassified that we had to play behind closed doors. Teams in the league dug their heels in.

We dont have tv money, so how the hell can we afford to pay players with no income. The teams have stood together and are sitting out even longer now in protest to bring back crowds.

I find it interesting, clubs in tiers 1-4 are fine as the tv rights can help shoulder the burdens.
While clubs from about division 9 down are fine as they're so small the expenses are no where near as high

It's those middling clubs who struggle. Hopefully we can get something soon. FC United are big enough to survive, but other clubs mightn't.

About a month and a bit ago I made comment that the competition (tier 7) was being postponed 1 month due to covid regulations.

The regulations changed for now (either return to play last week or next week) but things were reclassified that we had to play behind closed doors. Teams in the league dug their heels in.

We dont have tv money, so how the hell can we afford to pay players with no income. The teams have stood together and are sitting out even longer now in protest to bring back crowds.

I find it interesting, clubs in tiers 1-4 are fine as the tv rights can help shoulder the burdens.
While clubs from about division 9 down are fine as they're so small the expenses are no where near as high

It's those middling clubs who struggle. Hopefully we can get something soon. FC United are big enough to survive, but other clubs mightn't.

Uhh, no. League 1 and 2 have miniscule TV money and is the reason the EFL has struck a deal with the PL to rescue them.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Another loss to Wednesday in the Championship.

I genuinely thought the wins and / or draws would start accumulating under Tony Pulis, but this is their second loss in a row with three draws before that and a total of 4 points out of 21 in recent weeks.

Derby are kind of making of revival of sorts under Jugears (Rooney), Nottingham Forest are now the 2nd worst currently performanimg team in the Chip, they lost again to Norwich.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Non league clubs were eligible for government support weren't they? EFL teams weren't hence the agreement with the PL.

Derby are kind of making of revival of sorts under Jugears (Rooney), Nottingham Forest are now the 2nd worst currently performanimg team in the Chip, they lost again to Norwich.

Uh what revival?

Back