2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
The last month or so was always going to be tough for Wimbledon, most recently with Lincoln tonight but even so ***** me we need a break against Wigan on Thursday.

Last edited:

The Cumbrians are on top. Woohoo.

Carlisle travelled to Walsall and won 2-0 to move to the top of the League Two standings.

It’s the first since November 2016 that we have been on top of the table. The second half of the year we fell away dropping to tenth, hopefully history will not repeat in 2021.

Jul 15, 2001
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Barnsley FC, Melbourne City, Bulls
Derby missed 50% of wages in December, told the players they'd get it in January. Now telling the players they still don't have their money.

I know they are waiting on a sale to be finalised - but it's yet another example of a club living beyond their means

Derby missed 50% of wages in December, told the players they'd get it in January. Now telling the players they still don't have their money.

I know they are waiting on a sale to be finalised - but it's yet another example of a club living beyond their means

Yeah pretty scary times for Derby, they're in big trouble.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah pretty scary times for Derby, they're in big trouble.

I can't stand Derby, but I feel desperately sorry for their players and fans. Wouldn't wish what they are going through on any club.

Gotta hope they do not go into Administration.

Wo

Looking more likely the takeover in doubt in which case could go into admin. Although they supposedly had an in-principle agreement for the sale.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wo

Looking more likely the takeover in doubt in which case could go into admin. Although they supposedly had an in-principle agreement for the sale.

Without trying to toot the Leeds Horn again, I think many Championship clubs, especially ones With the history and pedigree of Derby County,should do what LUFC did, and get a powerhouse NFL club like The 49ers to buy a stake in the club.

Gave our club financial security, and hopefully expanded our fan base in the San Francisco area.

The current Derby Owner looks like a dodgy Bitcoin Millionare dork. #MadMel

images

Without trying to toot the Leeds Horn again, I think many Championship clubs, especially ones With the history and pedigree of Derby County,should do what LUFC did, and get a powerhouse NFL club like The 49ers to buy a stake in the club.

Gave our club financial security, and hopefully expanded our fan base in the San Francisco area.

images
Not sure if he's any more 'dodgy' than Radrizzani tbh. Seems like he knows what's he's doing tech wise. He lined up a Sheikh which was not bad idea.

images

Oh yeah simple, why didn't we think of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Sunderland 3 - 1 Wimbledon

So frustrating, Sunderland always the better team but to concede after seven minutes and then be well in it all the way until the 87th before conceding the match :disappointed:. Not getting easier anytime soon and fighting relegation for real now.

concernometer.gif

Roughly halfway through the League two season and it is extremely tight at the top, and tight at the bottom.

1610865409807.png

Carlisle are on top on goal difference, but won't be playing for the next few games due to a Covid breakout, so they will have a backlog of games at the end of the season, a couple of other are in the same boat. The next game we are due to play will be away at Newport on Australia Day.

A couple of larger clubs are finding themselves in the relegation fight, Bradford City, Bolton and Oldham. Bradford is a game clear and their recent form has been solid, while Bolton and Oldham looked clear of the fight a few weeks ago but recent form has seen them enter the battle.

The two teams promoted from the National League, Barrow and Harrogate have struggled a little and find themselves in the relegation battle. Both clubs only found out about their promotion a month or so before the season started and perhaps didn't have the time to prepare for life in the football as well as they would like, but both have been competitive. I hope both can stay up, I think they could be a strong teams if given the chance to prepare properly.

League Two is never dull, it is always a tight season with wild fluctuations in form and it wouldn't surprise if a club wins 12-13 games and still finds itself relegated.

Last edited:
Results have fallen Carlisle's way over the last couple of weeks. We haven't played since January 5, yet no team has pulled away from us, we currently sit three points behind leaders Cambridge with 4 games in hand. I'm not sure if our mid week game against Newport is still going ahead at this stage, but they have been in pretty poor form recently so it would be a nice time to play them.

1611482899893.png

Of course the downside of this large break between games, is we will have a huge backlog of games to complete before the season ends on May 8. I think we have a game every four days in February and March to try and catch up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back