big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Wycombe score first but lose to Spurs 4-1.

Spurs score in first half stoppage time, then in the 86th, 87th and 93rd minute.

Story of our season - just can't hang on for long enough.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Dons Derby tonight and Wimbledon are getting desperate for results, haven't won since 2nd of December (PJ Trophy aside) with two draws and eight loses since then :disappointed:.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dons Derby tonight and Wimbledon are getting desperate for results, haven't won since 2nd of December (PJ Trophy aside) with two draws and eight loses since then :disappointed:.

Milton Keynes Plastics do not deserve to have the name of the Dons, those club stealing pricks.

Hope the Wombles smash em.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I've said it before but I don't get why MK haven't done a rebrand yet, drop Dons completely would help draw a line under the whole thing and they can move on.

Spot on, it feels like they are inviting hostility and contempt to their own brand and club by retaining the Dons nickname.

I mean if they started up decades ago as a football club, you would hardly call a team in Milton Keynes 'the Dons'.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Spot on, it feels like they are inviting hostility and contempt to their own brand and club by retaining the Dons nickname.

I mean if they started up decades ago as a football club, you would hardly call a team in Milton Keynes 'the Dons'.
Copa90 have a good 30 min YouTube story on Wimbledon. One of the proposed moves for Wimbledon was to Dublin. Crazy really what happened to their club

Carlisle played their first game in almost a month and were able to squeak out a 1-0 win. It wasn’t pretty but it’s three valuable points in their push for promotion.

Most of the other results went our way this morning, meaning we jumped from sixth to second, and still have three or four games in hand of the teams around us.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
MK Dons 2 - Wimbledon AFC 0

I blame myself, a couple of months back I made an 'on your left' gif poking fun at AFC going past MK, since then nothing has gone right and I appear to have angered the Football Gods :'(.

The team looks the weakest its been in several seasons and I'll be gutted if it ends up wth our first relegation of the new era.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Copa90 have a good 30 min YouTube story on Wimbledon. One of the proposed moves for Wimbledon was to Dublin. Crazy really what happened to their club

Funnily enough I was living in Dublin when all this happened which is why I am a Dons fan. I'd love to see Dublin/Ireland have a presence in the EFL and my first instinct is to say that there is no way that they would have accepted a London club but getting behind something that the English had rejected and seeing it succeed to spite them... yeah they might just have been able to sell that to Ireland :sweatsmile:.

As hard as all this has been for the real fans of Wimbledon (and I consider myself a bandwagoneer having followed them since 2002) it's all been worth it keeping the club alive and seeing them return to Plough Lane.

Last edited:
Carlisle United's next game is Wednesday morning against Forest Green Rovers at Brunton Park. FGR are currently equal on points with us but have played three extra games. We follow up on the weekend with a game at 4th placed Cheltenham who are one point behind us but have played three games more. A big week for the Cumbrians.

I don't know much about curries, I can't eat them, so they all look disgusting to me. But that look particularly bad.

What kind of food looks fluro yellow?

I guess we now know how Hawthorn chose their colours, before and after a curry. ;)

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Hope barrow stay up. Have a friend who plays there.

Think Barrow are the first club who failed to be re-elected in the days of the closed shop Football League to have won their way back via promotion. Many have been 're-elected' but not via the promotion / relegation system. Might be wrong.

Think Barrow are the first club who failed to be re-elected in the days of the closed shop Football League to have won their way back via promotion. Many have been 're-elected' but not via the promotion / relegation system. Might be wrong.
Since the formation of the pyramid system in England in 1979 I think you are correct.

But you could also say Lincoln City were the first, they were voted out in 1908 and won promotion back to the football league in 2016. But they did manage to make back into the football league, at least three times that I know of after being voted out again in 1911 and 1920 and relegated in 2011.

Also, Accrington Stanley were voted out 1962 and won promotion back in 2006. Inbetween they were disbanded and reformed so technically it is a new club.

It's amazing how many clubs were voted out the league, especially in the early days, Walsall, Crewe Alexandria, Rotherham, Blackpool, Luton Town, Doncaster, Stoke, Grimsby, Port Vale and all have found their way back.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well Hull lost to bottom of the table Burton.

Etjv6gAXEAAnq5B

Good to see the Imps back on top in League One 👍👍👍

It's been ages since I have mentioned Hull and you know it.

Besides given how much stick you have given me and Leeds here, you didn't really expect me to ignore such a diabolical result for your lot ? 😄😄😄

Probably because it's been ages since we lost..

When was the last Leeds result I commented on?

I just find it so weird you're that obsessed with Hull.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Hopefully not just a dead cat bounce but after moving the manager on Wimbledon got their first win in months really need to back it up with a win against Rochdale next weekend.

Last edited:
Back