Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Come on Elmer_Judd! Get in here!

Congratulations !!

Doncaster losing helps your lot too.

Jesus Wigan is in serious freefall though..

From being in the top flight and winning the Cup Final through to a likely plummet to League Two.

Another Pompey. Sad to see really.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
FB_IMG_1613806335503.jpg

Saw this on Facebook today, just thought some might get a kick out of it.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
After last week being cancelled for a frozen pitch I'm just glad that there's a match on now but **** me the Peterborough pitch looks chopped up, it's one quick sun shower away from the proverbial cow paddock.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Congratulations !!

Doncaster losing helps your lot too.

Jesus Wigan is in serious freefall though..

From being in the top flight and winning the Cup Final through to a likely plummet to League Two.

Another Pompey. Sad to see really.

As a Wigan fan, it's totally disheartening to see what's happened since June.
We were the form team of the Championship at the time.

As a Wigan fan, it's totally disheartening to see what's happened since June.
We were the form team of the Championship at the time.

Yeah I'll hold my hand up that when we both came down I thought you were in much better shape, thought a buyer would step in.

View attachment 1061830

Saw this on Facebook today, just thought some might get a kick out of it.
I think this may have been the season (perhaps the previous season) I sat down at Grandmother's place with the newspaper and her Atlas of Great Britain and tried to located every team in the Atlas. I also selected a team from each Division to follow, unawares of the whole promotion/relegation thingy.
Liverpool was my Division One team because I was already a supporter and I had been for a few years.
West Ham was my Division Two team because they were the only team in the Division I couldn't find in the Atlas.
Carlisle was my Division Three team because the Atlas listed the county as Cumberland, which was also the home ground of my favourite NSWRL team, Parramatta. The Atlas was from the 1950's I think which is why the county had a different name.
Rochdale was my Division Four team because I had an Aunt and Unkle who lived in Rochdale, Sydney and we would visit them regularly.

Since returning to football after a covid and weather enforced break, things haven't been going to well for the Cumbrians, we lost 3-2 at home this morning to Tranmere, which means we have lost three of our last four (the other was a draw) since the return, yet still find ourselves only 9pts off the lead with five games in hand.

In the meantime things have started tightening at the top with ten teams within 9 points and all with at least one game in hand over leaders Cambridge and even 11th placed Bradford City is closing the gap, they are 3pts behind Carlisle having won five of their last six and with games in hand over most teams above them.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
In the meantime things have started tightening at the top with ten teams within 9 points and all with at least one game in hand over leaders Cambridge and even 11th placed Bradford City is closing the gap, they are 3pts behind Carlisle having won five of their last six and with games in hand over most teams above them.
Didn't seem that long ago we were talking about Bradford being in the relegation zone.

Didn't seem that long ago we were talking about Bradford being in the relegation zone.
Yeah, Bradford looked in real trouble early in the season, but since they changed Managers in December (IIRC) they have been one of the form teams in the league, they have actually won seven and drawn two of their last 10 games, which is the best form line in the league. They have a couple of mid table teams in the next week which a definitely winnable, before they have a run against some fellow promotion aspirants included Carlisle at Brunton Park on the 13th. I'm not sure they are close enough to make the automatic promotion spots, but because of the evenness of the league I won't discount it, but they are within striking distance of the playoff spots and recent form would suggest they could progress from there.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
2:30am start time meant I couldn't watch it but the Dons got another win last night against Gillingham, not sure we'll move too far from the bottom this season and so every three points is so important to ensure they're still in League One come 21/22.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Silver lining is fans will get some ground ticks next season. Our race is done. McCann needs to go. Criminally underperforming two seasons in a row.

League One is honestly not as easy a league to escape from as you would think. Leeds had to spend a couple of years of hell there.

But aside from the Gaffer, isn't Hull's main problem your vindictive and penny pinching owner who has hardly put much funds into the club and gaffer into buying players ?

Hull's current situation does remind a bit of Leeds under Ken Bates, least you guys didn't go into administration though, but it really sucks.

League One is honestly not as easy a league to escape from as you would think. Leeds had to spend a couple of years of hell there.

But aside from the Gaffer, isn't Hull's main problem your vindictive and penny pinching owner who has hardly put much funds into the club and gaffer into buying players ?

Hull's current situation does remind a bit of Leeds under Ken Bates, least you guys didn't go into administration though, but it really sucks.

No it's just the manager.

The owners have actually assembled what on paper is easily the best squad in the division.

Back