2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

Played off the park by the bottom side. It’s gonna happen at this time of year. They were desperate for points and did themselves proud. No excuses from us, but what a shambolic effort. Still up in the auto promotion spots, but clinging on by our finger nails now. The 4 point gap now reduced to only 1.
Four games left.
Carlisle play Bolton next (mid week I think) and we will be desperate for points as well, chasing a playoff spot. We had a disappointing 0-0 draw against Port Vale last night and dropped back to 10th, but still only 2pts from from 7th.

4-1 for the Dons making it three wins in a row. A young academy player Assal had a great game but Wimbledon have to try and keep Rudoni around as long as they can, he's the one player that really looks like he could play at a higher level.

564fop.jpg

:)

If this is the case and isn't overturned, would there fewer teams in the league next season or would there be a mass promotion? So in addition to Norwich and Watford (assuming they hold on to 2nd), all of Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth and Barnsley would go up too? Or no relegation from the PL?

If this is the case and isn't overturned, would there fewer teams in the league next season or would there be a mass promotion? So in addition to Norwich and Watford (assuming they hold on to 2nd), all of Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth and Barnsley would go up too? Or no relegation from the PL?

If they're booted from the EPL then I imagine it'll be an expanded playoffs this year in the Championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think its more likely the three bottom EP clubs don't get relegated.

Six go out of PL, none relegated, six up from Championship, none relegated, six up from League One, and so on.

After nagging a spot in the promotion playoffs on points per game last year, imagine if Wycombe finishes last and stays in the Championship. Just bizarre.

Honestly don't think it happens though. It'll just take one of the Super league clubs to see the visceral reaction to this and back out and then it's all over.

A narrow hard fought home win for Bolton over Carlisle keeps us in the auto promotion places. Just as well we won, as everyone around us in the table won too. Massive game coming up on Saturday. We are one point clear of Morecambe and we go there to play them. Win and we'll be 4 points clear with 2 games to go. Lose and they will overtake us with those 2 games to go. We've never played a game at Morecambe in our history, but if we ever we need a result, then Saturday is it.

Last edited:
Typical Watford... lose to the Scum when we needed to beat them.. I could have predicted that a mile off. Still need 4 points from the rest of our games I reckon. Norwich mid week will be another loss, so need to get back on track at Millwall
Well I was wrong... a great win over Norwich at their place, Swansea lose and Brentford draw... 3 point from last 3 games should see us up

Wohoo! 2-1 Dons over Oxford last night. After a few months with barely a win that is now 4 wins in less than a fortnight :grinv1:. I was becoming convinced that Wimbledon were about to suffer their first relegation since the restart but they're so close to safe now. Just need something from the last 4 games.

Have to feel for Oxford though that loss would have hurt, they are only one point outside the playoff spots but two games ahead of the next three teams. Hard to see them making the jump now.

This is wild.

Wycombe still alive after 38yo Adebayo Akinfenwa scores his first ever Championship goal, a 93rd minute penalty after a shot from our goalie is handled inside the area.

QPR chalk up another three points.

Their second half of the season has them third on form. The first half of the season was pox though.

A narrow hard fought home win for Bolton over Carlisle keeps us in the auto promotion places. Just as well we won, as everyone around us in the table won too. Massive game coming up on Saturday. We are one point clear of Morecambe and we go there to play them. Win and we'll be 4 points clear with 2 games to go. Lose and they will overtake us with those 2 games to go. We've never played a game at Morecambe in our history, but if we ever we need a result, then Saturday is it.
Bummer. Makes qualifying for the playoffs difficult for the Cumbrians, I think we now have to win all four remaining games and hope a couple of teams above us lose or draw a couple of games.

Cumbria's second team, Barrow now look safe, 8pts ahead of Southend with three games to go and Grimsby is 9pts behind with 4 games to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back