2020-21 La Liga and Spanish Football thread

Remove this Banner Ad

La Liga fixturing is weird this season though, Elche has only played 9 games for example (assuming they play tonight, so will be 10), but Cadiz has played 12 times now.
Some teams started later thanks to when UCL and UEL finished (Atletico started their season after most teams had played twice already, and its why they still have a game in hand on 2nd placed Real Sociedad). Elche were unlucky in that their first two fixtures were scheduled against team that played in Europe (Barca and Sevilla), so they are in a similar position

Some teams started later thanks to when UCL and UEL finished (Atletico started their season after most teams had played twice already, and its why they still have a game in hand on 2nd placed Real Sociedad). Elche were unlucky in that their first two fixtures were scheduled against team that played in Europe (Barca and Sevilla), so they are in a similar position
Fair enough

Seen City and United have first week off for that reason, but the same process wasn't afforded to Wolves though who ended Europe only days before them 2.

Martin Braithwaite opening the scoring for Barca

Boy there hasn't been too many more odd signings by a big team I'd have thought, Julien Faubert to Real Madrid on loan probably another
Still blows my mind. They have him starting most games now and seems a direct replacement for some nobody named Luis Suarez in his position before. Dumb football club.

Depor lost to Celta B.

Whilst they're 2nd in group A, this could be one of the darkest days in their storied history and a non-promoted season is pushing them ever so closer to the end.

Depor lost to Celta B.

Whilst they're 2nd in group A, this could be one of the darkest days in their storied history and a non-promoted season is pushing them ever so closer to the end.
It's only our first loss for the season and the top six teams in the group are promoted to the next stages (top 3 to the Promotion Stage and next 3 to Stage 2), so it's not the panic stations yet. I would like to see us score more, we have only scored 7 goals in 8 games which is concerning.

Depor lost to Celta B.

I now fear you may be right, 2pts from our last five games is seeing our chances of promotion slip away.

Bono scored for Sevilla... He's the GK :oops:

Neither of the two defenders bothered clearing the ball as they thought it was going out for a goal kick. 😳

I liked how Bono’s teammate set him up for the shot.

Despite winning their final three games Deportivo La Coruna missed out on qualifying for the promotion rounds and will instead play in the intermediate group where the sole aim is the stay in the third tier. Thankfully the points accumulated over the course of season carry across to this new series as it puts Depor in a good place to make the top 2.

Below is the league table for the intermediate group and a brief explanation of what happens at the end.

1617066050161.png

Depor's final six game will be home and away against the three teams not from their original group, Numancia, Langreo and Marino.

Relegation is not option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deportivo La Coruna won 5-0 this morning guaranteeing them a top two finish. They will remain in the third tier next season.

Hopefully we can work our way back up through the tiers in the coming seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back