A photo of someone on their way to the last game we played

images - 2021-01-17T175213.575.jpeg

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
How do you find out when tickets go on sale for each game? I saw an email for the Brisbane game a while ago but was coming back from Qld that day so didn’t want to risk it.

If you are a member you should get an email two weeks or so before the match detailing you when and how to buy tickets. Otherwise check the clubs social accounts/website in the next few days.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
If you are a member you should get an email two weeks or so before the match detailing you when and how to buy tickets. Otherwise check the clubs social accounts/website in the next few days.
Thanks mate. Yeah got the Brissy one. Assume will start getting some more soon.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
How do you find out when tickets go on sale for each game? I saw an email for the Brisbane game a while ago but was coming back from Qld that day so didn’t want to risk it.

At this point I'd take a reliable source to just know when we're playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
The Wanderers game has been switched out for a derby against Tarneit/Geelong/Footscray/Sunshine/City.

So what's happened with the Invasion Day game? Did they already move it and I just missed the announcement?

The communication around fixture changes has been an absolute debacle.

A mate and I have been planning to catch up either at the pub or at the game since we missed the Brisbane one. Had no idea it'd be 3 weeks later and we'd have no clue when we're playing again.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No word on the status of the Australia Day game yet. Currently it’s still scheduled through. But the game is a week away and still no details on how and when to buy tickets.

I‘m guessing the problem is still with the WA border and the Glory probably having trouble getting exemptions to a 14 day quarantine on return.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Update on the Australia Day game. Looks like it will go ahead as scheduled just have to finalize Covid rules.

My guess is the state Government are probably hesitant around active support bays. Lets see what happens.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
The Wanderers game has been switched out for a derby against Tarneit/Geelong/Footscray/Sunshine/City/Bacchus Marsh/Warrnambool/Ballarat/Melton.

So what's happened with the Invasion Day game? Did they already move it and I just missed the announcement?

The communication around fixture changes has been an absolute debacle.

A mate and I have been planning to catch up either at the pub or at the game since we missed the Brisbane one. Had no idea it'd be 3 weeks later and we'd have no clue when we're playing again.

EFA

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Update on the Australia Day game. Looks like it will go ahead as scheduled just have to finalize Covid rules.

My guess is the state Government are probably hesitant around active support bays. Lets see what happens.

Just make active support bays show a negative test within 72 hours of the game. Job done.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006

I was going to ask about the Warrnambool connection.

Then I realised I genuinely couldn't give less of a s**t about this plastic, homeless club. (I so want to use the G word that rhymes with James Brayshaw favourite "nipsy", cos I think it actually fits this club without being offensive... but I'm not Eastern European, so it's not up to me to make that call.)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
Just make active support bays show a negative test within 72 hours of the game. Job done.

You can still get it and become contagious after you've had the test though, which is the problem with that approach.

It actually doesn't surprise me if approval around active areas is what's holding us up, because it was concerning seeing the active crowds at the Brisbane game. There was no attempt to socially distance really at any time, and then when we scored the goal it was out of control.

There's a tinge of irony that, in the logical part of my brain at least, the safe standing area at Parramatta Stadium leaves the Wanderers the best placed of all teams to enforce social distancing in active areas. After this country railed against standing active support for so long...

That's what I'd be suggesting if I worked at the club - rip the seats out of the northern end, install the safe standing bars, tell the south end that, for the time being all "active support" needs to be at the Jolimont end of the ground. I guess there's a cost factor there though given the Rebels could be back there in as soon as 6 weeks and the Storm could be back there in as soon as 9 weeks.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You can still get it and become contagious after you've had the test though, which is the problem with that approach.

It actually doesn't surprise me if approval around active areas is what's holding us up, because it was concerning seeing the active crowds at the Brisbane game. There was no attempt to socially distance really at any time, and then when we scored the goal it was out of control.

There's a tinge of irony that, in the logical part of my brain at least, the safe standing area at Parramatta Stadium leaves the Wanderers the best placed of all teams to enforce social distancing in active areas. After this country railed against standing active support for so long...

That's what I'd be suggesting if I worked at the club - rip the seats out of the northern end, install the safe standing bars, tell the south end that, for the time being all "active support" needs to be at the Jolimont end of the ground. I guess there's a cost factor there though given the Rebels could be back there in as soon as 6 weeks and the Storm could be back there in as soon as 9 weeks.

The risk is very low if you have had a negative test within 72 hours of attending, have no symptoms, no close contact with known cases and haven't travelled from a red or orange zone from interstate.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kruse and Rojas in contention for Adelaide game, I won't hold my breath though.
Looking forward to seeing Shotton and big Rudy in action again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back