2020/21 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shotton injured again LOL.

Will concede more goals than north.

I for one cannot believe this could happen to our team

tenor.gif

God that’s infuriating. We’ve got a side battling to get back on it’s feet.

And we have a moron who apparently doesn’t realise that, even after 100 injuries, Folami, Kirdar and LLL were all tried ahead of him, who goes and *s his team mates with a pure ego act.

I don’t care whether the first yellow was correct (it was) - you know you’re on it, to petulantly then go with a late stomp tackle? * him off. He’s lost the last bloke who was still cheering for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus Christ. I actually thought we were on for a draw before Elvis got sent off. Still not sure they were both yellow but at least one of them was.

Adama Traore, Robbie Kruse, McAnamamamama, should be the core of a title challenging team imo. Our recruitment is absolute rubbish when it goes outside of the captain obvious players.

Adama Traore, Robbie Kruse, McAnamamamama, should be the core of a title challenging team imo. Our recruitment is absolute rubbish when it goes outside of the captain obvious players.

Nup, Kruse is done. Shitty touch, constantly runs into walls when dribbling, and his groin is too ****ed for him to shoot. I was prepared to wait til he was fit to judge, but I think this is as good as it’s going to get.

Nup, Kruse is done. Shitty touch, constantly runs into walls when dribbling, and his groin is too f’ed for him to shoot. I was prepared to wait til he was fit to judge, but I think this is as good as it’s going to get.
With half decent surrounding cast he is better than most in the league, even on one leg he can feed players in but when you've got people like Elvis making runs you have no choice but to go alone 90% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, Butterfield has to be the most bog average, "workman" type player I have ever seen. No way there isn't a player at NPL 1/2/3 that would do the exact same thing.

Acton is a shining example of us looking outside for things we already have in the club.

Let me leave the thread with a positive note tonight - I don't know how many of you follow the Victory W-League team, but we do have something to be extraordinarily proud of with the team making the grand final. It should give us hope that the women's team went from rubbish to grand finalists in the course of 2 seasons.

Let me leave the thread with a positive note tonight - I don't know how many of you follow the Victory W-League team, but we do have something to be extraordinarily proud of with the team making the grand final. It should give us hope that the women's team went from rubbish to grand finalists in the course of 2 seasons.

posted this in the W-League thread should have posted here too. Well done to the ladies!

Whose making the key decisions for this team then? Same people? Seems like they make the women’s decisions while sober and then the men’s decisions while having celebratory drinks over the women’s team 🤔

It’s more than just Brebs through, it’s the clubs whole setup that absolutely stinks! Just sacking the coach isn’t gonna solve anything imo.

I'm not sure that, in an AFL town like Melbourne, given the "public" ownership of clubs and member-voted boards, everyone understands the board structure (I know you do giggler.)

Yeah, the problem is probably at board level, cos we don't have the football knowledge at the top of the club to oversee everything and be successful. We've never known who it's meant to be - was it Awaratifi, was it Trimboli, is it the head coach?

But obviously A-League clubs are privately owned. They're "franchises" as opposed to clubs, so you buy your way onto the board by investing in the franchise. Much as we call ourselves members (I used to) - we're not, we're just season ticket holders. So you don't get voted off the board for incompetence, only if you lose all your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back