2020/21 Melbourne Victory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Which begs the question...how the fu** did we qualify for the knockouts in the ACL and then become the worst A League team ever assembled? 🤔😂

I alway say it man, people shouldn't underestimate how different the A-League is.

Butterfield and, to a slightly lesser extent Folami looked like they were going to boss the A-league over in your pussy ACL where you can't tackle like you do in the A-League, where the pitches are softer, and where there aren't all sorts of political issues that manage to infiltrate the club.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure if any of guys were watching the A League but Robbie Slater basically saying the reason the Popovic deal took so long to happen (maybe in terms of it being rumoured months ago) was that he always wants 100% control over everything football department related.

I'd be stoked if recruiting and fitness were taken out of the hands of anyone currently at the club.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm kind of sure someone else may have seen this (might have been twitter?) but the myth that Popa teams score boring 1 nil results was debunked. I will try and find it. I need to stop boozing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back