2020/21 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The following quotes still apply...
I think I have aound $900k in salary cap space and potentially one free spot on my list so can take on a high salary contract if anyone needs to free up some salarcy space.

The more of the following preferred criteria are met, the better the chances...
- Top quality player
- Highly rated youngster
- Reasonable salary for the players ability
- Salary value can be questionable but it'd need to be a short term contract
- 23 years old or younger
- Room for improvement
- Deal must be mutually beneficial

Don't be afraid to ask about any player, but also be prepared for me to say no if it doesn't suit me. I'm sure there'll be a lot of players and contracts I'm just not willing to look at.

Picks and/or extra players can be exchanged in the deal.

I can take potentially take on multiple delisted players depending on the contracts instead of or possibly even in addition to potential trades from my previous post.

I'm open to all possibilities with regards to my free cap space.

What's the eligibility criteria to be listed as a veteran?
From the rules thread:
Up to 4 players on this list can be classified as veterans. These players must be turning 28 or older during the year of that season and have completed the previous 5 years consecutively on the list.

From the rules thread:
Up to 4 players on this list can be classified as veterans. These players must be turning 28 or older during the year of that season and have completed the previous 5 years consecutively on the list.

Awesome, no need to extend Brad Crouch👌

Awesome, no need to extend Brad Crouch👌
Yup, just scrapes into veteran status eligibility for 2022 season on both counts.

Need 42 senior listed players/picks too. ;)
Those extra picks gave me a heart attack when I scrolled to the total salary instead of looking at the entire list after I’d been doing maths yesterday certain I’d nailed it 😅

Bit of an odd one, would anyone like a very marginal pick downgrade alongside Pick 74? I'll have one extra pick I wasn't expecting and it seems silly to not be able to pick with #69 but have to select with #74.

I have Pick 46, which might suit if anyone in the early 40s would like to trade their pick for that and #74. Otherwise Pick 58 if you've got something in the early-mid 50s. Literally would do 45 for 46 + 74 or 57 for 58+74 type thing, so first in first served if you need an extra pick. There's a few clubs who might have picks beyond 80s that might want the marginal upgrade.

I also have #19 if anyone with #17/#18 wants #74 as well lol, but yeah.

Bit of an odd one, would anyone like a very marginal pick downgrade alongside Pick 74? I'll have one extra pick I wasn't expecting and it seems silly to not be able to pick with #69 but have to select with #74.

I have Pick 46, which might suit if anyone in the early 40s would like to trade their pick for that and #74. Otherwise Pick 58 if you've got something in the early-mid 50s. Literally would do 45 for 46 + 74 or 57 for 58+74 type thing, so first in first served if you need an extra pick. There's a few clubs who might have picks beyond 80s that might want the marginal upgrade.

Alternatively if someone wants to trade a future third rounder, I will trade a straight swap with #46 too.

Sorry Pie, Pick 69 listed as a passable pick on the list thread is an error on my part. I'll fix it now. It's unpassable as you must use all picks before any traded one.

You can still trade it though of course.

Sorry Pie, Pick 69 listed as a passable pick on the list thread is an error on my part. I'll fix it now. It's unpassable as you must use all picks before any traded one.

You can still trade it though of course.
Every time I see you've quoted my post on this forum I think to myself 'oh f*** what have I done wrong now?" :p

Every time I see you've quoted my post on this forum I think to myself 'oh f*** what have I done wrong now?" :p
Haha just keeping you on your toes.

FWIW I've made plenty of errors in each off-season when I'm processing things, I just usually fix them up before anyone notices though! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I've made plenty of errors in each off-season when I'm processing things, I just usually fix them up before anyone notices though! ;)

Your daily updating has been amazing, thanks for all the effort. I haven't had to do an excel spreadsheet at all this season.

Well it's the second strike I've found for you this off-season, a third and... well nothing. No-one envies you or wants to take your role so you can stuff up as much as you like tbh.

Because I'm an idiot who accidentally overwrote Darcy Moore's salary in my Excel file and stuffed up my cap space numbers, I'm now needing to trade Pick 28 + Pick 54 for two 2020 draft picks somewhere in between that range (picks need to be worth $101k only, so third round and beyond).

Anyone keen on doing such a deal to move up to Pick 28 when the draft starts let me know..

Because I'm an idiot who accidentally overwrote Darcy Moore's salary in my Excel file and stuffed up my cap space numbers, I'm now needing to trade Pick 28 + Pick 54 for two 2020 draft picks somewhere in between that range (picks need to be worth $101k only, so third round and beyond).

Anyone keen on doing such a deal to move up to Pick 28 when the draft starts let me know..
In the words of fightingfury_88 Trading's closed!

So to clarify, am I able to give Guelfi a new contract (currently uncontracted from my own list)? He is in the draftable list as well and I am confused.

So to clarify, am I able to give Guelfi a new contract (currently uncontracted from my own list)? He is in the draftable list as well and I am confused.
He is no longer on your list as you didn't offer him a new contract. Anyone can draft him if his salary can be afforded, including yourself.

Last edited:
As an aside, surely Deividas Uosis would be up there with both the coolest name, and the name that you swear is misspelt looking at it that we can remember. Simply awesome.
Not going to lie, had to check the name three or four times to make sure I had it right. Originally thought his first name was David.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back