2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
C’mon HiBees. Let’s hear Sunshine on Leith ringing out just like 5 years ago.
Just win!! Don’t care how... just win.
GGTTH GGTTH GGTTH

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Not the best start for Celtic.
In the AFL, the results in the first 3 - 4 rounds are often all over the place. Is it the same in the SPL ? The first Hearts' goal came with the Celtic keeper well away from the goal mouth, is he up to it ?

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Meltdown ? The first game of the season and a 0:1 loss ? First round gone. Hib's third.

Last edited:

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Hibs v Staggies on Sunday. Predictions from my betters ?
Hibs will do it easy 3-0
While we are at it
Dundee and Rangers will have a draw
Celtic will win by 2
Draw for Livingston and Aberdeen
Hearts for the win
And am hoping for a motherwell win

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Hibs will do it easy 3-0
While we are at it
Dundee and Rangers will have a draw
Celtic will win by 2
Draw for Livingston and Aberdeen
Hearts for the win
And am hoping for a motherwell win
Thankyou, acme21. You don't think much of St Johnstone ?

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Thankyou, acme21. You don't think much of St Johnstone ?
I support motherwell, so that tip is more heart then anything else. It will be interesting how these games play out, it was mainly guess work and going by last seasons performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I support motherwell, so that tip is more heart then anything else. It will be interesting how these games play out, it was mainly guess work and going by last seasons performances.
Do you make anything of Postecoglou's Celtic first up loss to elevated Hearts, last season's runner up ? Is Ange up to even Scottish Football ? A mate of mine, of non Scot extraction, who is right into soccer is disparaging of the influence of Scot immigrants in Aus soccer ? Do you think there is anything in that ?

Last edited:

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you make anything of Postecoglou's Celtic first up loss to elevated Hearts, last season's runner up ? Is Ange up to even Scottish Football ? A mate of mine, of non Scot extraction, who is right into soccer is disparaging of the influence of Scot immigrants in Aus soccer ? Do you think there is anything in that ?
I'm yet to see Celtic play. Ange historically seems to take time to settle in before getting results
He also didn't have much of preseasson to get the players he wanted and to lead training. Ange is a good coach and should be upto the level for European football.

I wouldn't say any immigrant community has had a negative effect on Australian soccer.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
Terrific performance by Dundee United to end Rangers 40 game unbeaten run in the league. Their goal was a bit fortunate but they worked hard all game and defended very solidly.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Failing my application to replace Jock Ross (think Luke Beveridge) or Graeme Mathie (think Sam Power), I remain the absolute outsider. Here's hoping that Doig does a Dunkley.

DEVO

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
Can’t see the Staggies staying up this year, only have about 16/17 players on the books at the moment. Had a number of players struck down with COVID in July and weren’t allowed to recruit, also had to forfeit a couple league cup games so a little behind in player fitness and match practise. Also have a new manager so any plans he had for game development was delayed a few weeks.

Last edited:

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t see the Staggies staying up this year, only have about 16/17 players on the books at the moment. Had a number of players struck down with COVID in July and weren’t allowed to recruit, also had to forfeit a couple league games so a little behind in player fitness and match practise. Also have a new manager so and plans he had for game development was delayed a few weeks.
Ross countie are always going to find it tough to stay up. But they can do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad