2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

A 10 man Ross County caused a bit of an upset this morning defeating Motherwell 3-1. It was 1-1 when County midfielder Tilson was sent off but instead of going defensive we outplayed Motherwell and scored twice in six minutes to win comfortably.

We have now moved 5pts clear of the relegation playoff spot and 7pts clear of the relegation spot. After a slow start to the season, our performances over the couple of months has been very good. Survival for another season is looking really good at the moment. :)

I’m going off early here but 35 minutes in and Ross County lead Rangers 2-1. Probably won’t win, but after the floggings we have received over the last few years I’m just happy we are competing against the leagues top teams.

Also we have never beaten Rangers so I’m getting a little excited.

2-1 at halftime to County. May be the first half of football we have ever won against Rangers.

Charles-Cook scored the second County goal to become the leading goal scorer in the SPFL. Haven’t had this prolific a scorer since Liam Boyle 4/5 years ago.

And finally, the Rangers Lavender away jerseys looks truly awful.

St Johnstone winning at Livingston has closed the gap between us and the relegation zone.:(

County’s 1-1 draw with Aberdeen is a little disappointing but a point is always better than none at this time of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Ange, he has turned that club around in amazingly quick time.

He's brought in 17 players in two windows, just about all having an impact. Many fans backpedalling, it's great to see.

He's brought in 17 players in two windows, just about all having an impact. Many fans backpedalling, it's great to see.

Gotta love honest, non distracted Ange. Haters gonna hate, Ange gonna rake.
Love how he backs himself and plays his own way. Done it in three leagues now- four if you include NSL.
You’d imagine his stocks to manage in England are going to only get stronger and stronger.

Impressive interviewee. He was good on Outsiders when he was with the Socceroos. He mentioned his association with Luke Beveridge/

More important than the Old Firm derby was the Ross County/Dundee match at the other of the table, and it was good news for Staggies fans, Ross County won at Dundee 2-1 to open up a 8pt gap between themselves and the relegation spot. We are also 7pts clear of St. Johnstone in the Relegation playoff position.:thumbsu:

After a terrible start to the season (zero wins from their opening 9 games) Ross County have been the 3rd best team in the SPFL behind the two Glasgow teams over the last three months. I'm not sure if we are good enough to get into the top six before the season splits, we are currently only 4pts behind 6th placed Dundee United, but our performance of late have been as good as teams like Hearts, Motherwell and Hibs to suggest we wouldn't be out of place in the top six in April/May.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back