2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
More important than the Old Firm derby was the Ross County/Dundee match at the other of the table, and it was good news for Staggies fans, Ross County won at Dundee 2-1 to open up a 8pt gap between themselves and the relegation spot. We are also 7pts clear of St. Johnstone in the Relegation playoff position.:thumbsu:

After a terrible start to the season (zero wins from their opening 9 games) Ross County have been the 3rd best team in the SPFL behind the two Glasgow teams over the last three months. I'm not sure if we are good enough to get into the top six before the season splits, we are currently only 4pts behind 6th placed Dundee United, but our performance of late have been as good as teams like Hearts, Motherwell and Hibs to suggest we wouldn't be out of place in the top six in April/May.
Ross County have been good value in recent months including (sadly) against my mob. Regan Charles-Cook is a quality player.

Ross County have been good value in recent months including (sadly) against my mob. Regan Charles-Cook is a quality player.
We are maybe great to watch, but when you're at the bottom of the table and fighting to stay up we can also be difficult to watch. I've watched a few of our games on Kayo this season and the fact we can't defend to save ourselves means we need to score 2/3 goals a game just to get a result, which leads to a lot of exciting games but a lot of fingernail biting as well. And I'm down to the quick.:)

RCC didn't have a great first season at Victoria Park, but since the arrival of our new Manager Malcolm "Malky" McKay he has been a revelation, his speed and and quick thinking has made a really difficult player to mark. He is in real good goal scoring form at the moment and is now the league's leading scorer which has played a big part in our rise up the table over the last three months.

Rangers fan? Still haven't beaten Rangers yet in 18 League or Cup attempts.:(

What's going on at Aberdeen?

Considering how many games remain before the split and how poorly they have been performing, you'd have to say they are in some danger of relegation, however slight.

1644620850327.png

How many games before the split
Each team plays each other three times, so the league is split into a top six and bottom six after 33 games. Then they play each team in their group once, so the season finishes with 38 games.

Each team plays each other three times, so the league is split into a top six and bottom six after 33 games. Then they play each team in their group once, so the season finishes with 38 games.
Just curious, say for example Rangers and Celtic, out of the three games they play two are at Ibrox. So do the post split games does that mean the fourth meeting will be at Celtic’s home ground? I guess to go further what if all five teams in the split all had two of three home games…would that mean a team could play home all last five games?

Just curious, say for example Rangers and Celtic, out of the three games they play two are at Ibrox. So do the post split games does that mean the fourth meeting will be at Celtic’s home ground? I guess to go further what if all five teams in the split all had two of three home games…would that mean a team could play home all last five games?
The SPFL makes sure every team plays 19 home and 19 away games each season so there will instances where a team plays three home games against a particular opponent in a season. I know it has happened to Ross County at least once in 2017/18 where we had to play St. Johnstone three times at their home ground. It's not a perfect system, but then until the SPFL expands to at least 14 teams it will never be a perfect system.

The SPFL makes sure every team plays 19 home and 19 away games each season so there will instances where a team plays three home games against a particular opponent in a season. I know it has happened to Ross County at least once in 2017/18 where we had to play St. Johnstone three times at their home ground. It's not a perfect system, but then until the SPFL expands to at least 14 teams it will never be a perfect system.
Wow that’s seriously flawed. Tight title race between the big two and one team can get three home games!

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Both teams pretty shite coming off European ties. Next round will be tough for Celtic as they have Hibs away on Sunday after a Thursday night game away in the Arctic Circle. You would almost be tempted to throw that European match if you were Celtic as they are right up against it after the first leg. Rest Jota, Abada, McGregor and focus on the Hibs game. Ange will go full speed at it no doubt. Celtic getting knocked out of Europe, Rangers going through would actually be a good result for Celtic and a bad result for Rangers for the title race, neither squad is strong enough to keep playing two matches a week.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Both teams pretty sh*te coming off European ties. Next round will be tough for Celtic as they have Hibs away on Sunday after a Thursday night game away in the Arctic Circle. You would almost be tempted to throw that European match if you were Celtic as they are right up against it after the first leg. Rest Jota, Abada, McGregor and focus on the Hibs game. Ange will go full speed at it no doubt. Celtic getting knocked out of Europe, Rangers going through would actually be a good result for Celtic and a bad result for Rangers for the title race, neither squad is strong enough to keep playing two matches a week.
Ange’s aim for perfection may be on the line here. Those in the Celtic hierarchy would probably advise him to forget about a third tier European comp, and go full tilt at the league title.
Last week was a turning pivotal week. This week will be even more so. Rangers though are 2 goals up against Borussia. They would be silly to throw that away. Motherwell off a two day break won’t be easy either.
Really interesting week coming up .

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hibs, as predicted, hard to break down at home. 0-0 Celtic. Interesting now. Rangers can get back to within a point winning against Motherwell
Timing of both European legs makes it very interesting. Rangers have Europa coming again soon. Celtic can focus solely on the league

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Well.. what a day. Rangers cruising at home. Suddenly
Motherwell had two chances and it’s a 2-2 draw. Celtic still with the 3 point buffer.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Celtic and Rangers to play each other in Sydney. Just before the World Cup so a few players will be missing. It should be a full house at Stadium Australia. I wonder if there are any security concerns. 83,000 unsegregated in Glasgow would be a bloodbath!

Old Firm to meet in Australia

Back