2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Rangers all over Celtic. Only a matter of time before they equalise.
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Pretty symptomatic of the season from Rangers. The odd glimpse of good football smattered amongst terrible defending and feeble efforts on goal. The Old Firm games look after themselves but chucking away points against Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee United and Ross County have scudded our title hopes. A particularly sore one to take given Champions League was up for grabs.

With only the St Mirren/Rangers match to be played tonight before the split, the top 6 and bottom 6 has been sorted, and for Staggies fans it's amazing news. After a 1-0 win away at Aberdeen this morning the Staggies have made it into the top 6, and only one point from a European spot.

Rangers, Hearts and Motherwell have all played 17 home games so they will only have two home games in the Championship Group, while Celtic, Dundee United and Ross County will have three.

1649545561935.png

Not sure if Hibs or Alloa. Hard for the smaller clubs when they lose a Boyle and have a Nisbet out injured but they were really poor until they had to start playing and even then they were just hacking players left right and centre.

Atkinson has been solid when I have seen Hearts play.

Not sure if Hibs or Alloa. Hard for the smaller clubs when they lose a Boyle and have a Nisbet out injured but they were really poor until they had to start playing and even then they were just hacking players left right and centre.

Atkinson has been solid when I have seen Hearts play.
Yeah I thought there were two other Hibs players lucky not to have been sent off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the Cove Rangers who have won promotion to the Championship.

The Highlands now have three teams in the top two tiers of Scottish football. Four if we include Aberdeen as a Highland club.

Last edited:
Is/was Shaun Maloney really that bad as to be sacked within a season ?
Well probably bigger question is why they sacked Jack Ross in December. He took them to third in his first full season and had taken to them to second cup final. One win in 9 games and they panicked. Then rushed appointment of Maloney who won one game in 13 this year

Well probably bigger question is why they sacked Jack Ross in December. He took them to third in his first full season and had taken to them to second cup final. One win in 9 games and they panicked. Then rushed appointment of Maloney who won one game in 13 this year
Thankyou. I looked up tenure of SPL Managers. Amazing, the owners are ruthless. Compared to the SPL, AFL coaching looks like the Public Service.

List of Scottish Professional Football League managers - Wikipedia

David Gray appointed caretaker manager last week. Presumably the same bloke who headed in the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup. He's going to have to do a Postocoglou and bring in talent if he wants to survive, isn't he ? He must have coached the St Mirrem v Hibs game, a first up win.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back