2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Last placed Ross County played second last Hamilton at home this morning and lost 2-0 to drop 4pts behind the other teams. We haven't scored for three games either and our next game is away at Celtic who will want revenge after we beat them 2-0 in the cup a few weeks ago.

Not looking good in the Highlands.

Ross County sacked Manager Stuart Kettlewell after the defeat and have replaced him with former ICT Manager John Hughes.
The last team he managed, Reith in 2017, he lead to relegation to the third tier. I’m not instilled with confidence, but I will wait a few weeks before calling for his head.

Ross County scored their first league goal in more than a month and followed with a second 40 minutes later to record their first league win since September. The Staggies won 2-0 away at Hibernian to move off the bottom. :)

Big game in Scotland tonight, Celtic visiting Ibrox. A win for Rangers almost guarantees them the title.

As much as I dislike the big two, I am hoping for a Rangers win just to stop the Celtic dominance.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Motherwell manager quit a couple of days ago, of his own back. His post game interview was very interesting, in hindsight you could see it in his eyes and his words that he had already came to the thinking that he had done all he could blamed himself for the poor form.

Rangers and Celtic should be good, but rangers seem too good even if they were to lose to Celtic.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Celtic were by far the better team until the needless red card. The 10 in a row dream is well and truly over.

Now for something more important than a Rangers/Celtic derby, Ross County drew 1-1 with St Johnstone and have dropped back to the bottom of the table.:(

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Celtic going to Dubai was extremely arrogant but I still can't believe how spectacularly it has backfired. An absolute disaster topped off with that 90th minute Hibs equaliser :tearsofjoy:

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Celtic going to Dubai was extremely arrogant but I still can't believe how spectacularly it has backfired. An absolute disaster topped off with that 90th minute Hibs equaliser :tearsofjoy:
entirely stupid, massive backfire, deserve to be fined and probably deserve more. Thinking a hibs draw would have been reasonably likely despite the stupidity. not sure what has happened with celtic, they are now equal to the chasing pack, rather than the expected step ahead or the 2 feet ahead that rangers are (and celtic were).

Last placed Ross County caused one of the upsets of the season defeating third placed Aberdeen 4-1 at Victoria Park, it means the Staggies have gone 2-1-1 in the four games since their new manager John Hughes was installed. County move up to 10th, while Aberdeen drop to fourth.

Hopefully this recent improvement in form can continue and we can avoid relegation.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Last placed Ross County caused one of the upsets of the season defeating third placed Aberdeen 4-1 at Victoria Park, it means the Staggies have gone 2-1-1 in the four games since their new manager John Hughes was installed. County move up to 10th, while Aberdeen drop to fourth.

Hopefully this recent improvement in form can continue and we can avoid relegation.
I was waiting for the post since I saw the result this morning.

I was waiting for the post since I saw the result this morning.
I was in shock, I didn't believe it, so I waited until I saw the highlights before posting. :)

Perhaps a little fortunate to win 4-1 in the end as Aberdeen dominated possession and missed a couple of chances, but it's a win I'm happy to take.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Another draw for Celtic meaning Lennon's only won 7 of his last 22 games. A bit of talk that Eddie Howe is the leading candidate to replace him.

Can't see Rangers losing it from here, which means they don't have to play their best on the weekend. :)

Probably still win by 4 or 5 goals.

Just to give you an idea of how lopsided the Rangers/Ross County games have been, they have played 11 times with Rangers winning eight and the other three drawn. In fact, the first three games were all draws, and in the last five games Rangers have won 4-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-0 and 4-0.

I'm not expecting an upset.:(

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't see Rangers losing it from here, which means they don't have to play their best on the weekend. :)

Probably still win by 4 or 5 goals.

Just to give you an idea of how lopsided the Rangers/Ross County games have been, they have played 11 times with Rangers winning eight and the other three drawn. In fact, the first three games were all draws, and in the last five games Rangers have won 4-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-0 and 4-0.

I'm not expecting an upset.:(

Even though Celtic keep dropping points I'm still slightly nervous. It would be amazing to lose it from here but Rangers have been playing very poorly lately and giving up some easy goals. I believe Ryan Jack is coming back which will help a lot. Hoping for a solid win on the weekend but wouldn't surprise me if Rangers struggle once again :)

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did anyone catch Lennon's meltdown earlier in the week? He had a go at everyone, said the media was against him, had a go at the government and still won't apologise for Dubai.

Big game this morning with the two bottom teams playing each other. Ross County travelled to Hamilton and came away with a 2-1 win. The Staggies are now four points clear of the Accies although they do have two games in hand. We have also closed the gap to Motherwell and Kilmarnock and so have a chance to pull ourselves away from the relegation playoff spot in the coming weeks.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
The season looks to be drawing to a pretty boring conclusion with the remaining interest being the League Cup Final, OFD bragging rights and relegation battles at the bottom. Rangers are playing shite at the moment and Celtic have found some mojo but their respective form either side of new year has pretty much decided the title.

Hibs have overtaken Aberdeen for 3rd, the Sheep are awful at the moment. Livi & St Mirren’s good runs of form have come to an end.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The season looks to be drawing to a pretty boring conclusion with the remaining interest being the League Cup Final, OFD bragging rights and relegation battles at the bottom. Rangers are playing sh*te at the moment and Celtic have found some mojo but their respective form either side of new year has pretty much decided the title.

Hibs have overtaken Aberdeen for 3rd, the Sheep are awful at the moment. Livi & St Mirren’s good runs of form have come to an end.

You know that's generally how the spfl works

Back