2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

True. It will be interesting to see the end of season fall out at Celtic, can see a big broom going through the joint.
Needs someone with new ideas. Need to rebuild in order to be able to actually fight for the top position.

Needs someone with new ideas. Need to rebuild in order to be able to actually fight for the top position.
The upshot for Celtic is that there’s only one other team to worry about domestically. As much as I would like it to happen it’s unlikely that Rangers will only drop 8 points to halfway through Feb again.

More broadly, I think Brexit could have some severe short term impacts on the Scottish Premiership. More SPFL talent will be sucked south of the border and be replaced by the dregs of the English lower leagues.

Everyone is talking like the season is done and dusted but I still think Rangers could drop a some points here and there to make it interesting. Tavernier and Roofe both got injured in the Europa game. I'm hoping it doesn't happen but I feel they have it in them to lose some games they shouldn't after some recent rubbish performances.

Everyone is talking like the season is done and dusted but I still think Rangers could drop a some points here and there to make it interesting. Tavernier and Roofe both got injured in the Europa game. I'm hoping it doesn't happen but I feel they have it in them to lose some games they shouldn't after some recent rubbish performances.
They may loose some games, but the quality of Celtic and hibs are just no where near what they need to be in order to get close. I wouldn't mind some competition l, its just the likelihood is remote (especially with how Celtic has dropped this season)

With 9 domestic games to go it would be a hell of a collapse. Unlike previous years, we are either winning or at least splitting points when playing s**t. You also have to factor in Celtic returning to somewhere near Jan/Feb 2020 form which isn’t going to happen. I like Roofe but he is often in and out of the team with injury, Tav is a loss no doubt particularly given Bassey and Patterson’s antics earlier in the week. But Balugon isn’t the worst cover as a right back. It’s no longer the days of relying on Andy Halliday, Jon Flanagan, Sheyi Ojo as back up. 55 is coming!

Yeah no way Rangers are going to lose a 15 point lead with three games to go. Will be interesting to see how they go in Europa given they're in a very good league position to give it their full attention.

Yeah no way Rangers are going to lose a 15 point lead with three games to go. Will be interesting to see how they go in Europa given they're in a very good league position to give it their full attention.
They are a miles off the top teams remaining in the Europa IMO but with a good draw they might progress another round or two

Ross County and Celtic are currently playing in Dingwall, and with about 15 minutes to go County are leading 1-0. This could be a massive result for the Staggies if we can hold on.

County held on to win 1-0, moving us up to 10th and out of the relegation places.

Also means Celtic are 18 points behind Rangers with only 8 games to go.

1613942792011.png

There are reports that Lennon will be sacked by the Celtics within the next 24 hours, apparently losing to Ross County for a second time this season was the final straw.

GONE LENNON

If that is the case, I think it will be the fifth or sixth manager to get the sack after losing to Ross County since we first played in the SPL in 2012/13. Personally I find that a little insulting, it not like we are undeserving of a place in the top flight, we have played in eight of the last nine SPFL seasons and have been more than competitive most years. We were never going to compete for the title, but who does besides Rangers and Celtic, but we have had a fifth, sixth and two seventh placed finishes in our first seven seasons. We have also struggled a couple of times but that is common place for clubs that don't have the resources of the larger clubs.

Lennon has resigned. Tough game against hibs for Celtic, not the easiest to start your interim tenure. Mind you they lost to Ross county, so probably no game is a game to startm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rangers now need either 1 point from here on out or Celtic to drop any points and the title is theirs

Another weird season like the EPL. Celtic won it by a mile last season and now Rangers win it easily.

At least with the EPL there has been a few teams win it. The last time a club won the Scottish title other than Celtic or Rangers was 1985.

Another weird season like the EPL. Celtic won it by a mile last season and now Rangers win it easily.

At least with the EPL there has been a few teams win it. The last time a club won the Scottish title other than Celtic or Rangers was 1985.

Yes when some young no name manager named Alex Ferguson took Aberdeen to the title

Happy to see Celtic miss out on their 10th straight title, shame it’s Rangers who end it. I was hoping for a miracle, perhaps the Staggies pull off the greatest achievement in professional sports, but it wasn’t to be.:)

Last edited:
55 has arrived well done Stevie G and staff and to the players,glad to see Jermaine Defoe get a championship medal,what a model pro he is.

Now that Rangers have won the title, we can get back to the important stuff, the bottom of SPFL. :)

Ross County had another victory on the weekend, defeating Kilmarnock 3-2 at Victoria Park, the Staggies have now opened a bit of gap between themselves and the bottom two, Hamilton and Kilmarnock. We are also playing a decent brand of football at moment and have won three of our last six matches. Our final two games before the split are at home against Hibs and away to St. Johnstone.

Another positive is ICT are struggling in the Championship and are in a relegation battle with Ayr, Alloa, Arbroath and Greenock. They have a couple of games in hand and will probably stay up, but it's nice to know we will still be the number 1 highland team for at least another season.:D

League One and Two are due to resume on March 20, not sure if there is going to be any changes to the fixtures after the long break, but you think the season would be reduced to an 18 rounds with every team playing each other twice. The Highland team Cove Rangers currently sit in second in League One, 2pts behind leaders Falkirk with 11 games played.

Another positive is ICT are struggling in the Championship and are in a relegation battle with Ayr, Alloa, Arbroath and Greenock. They have a couple of games in hand and will probably stay up, but it's nice to know we will still be the number 1 highland team for at least another season.:D
Ha not a positive! Very disappointing year from us. A lot of postponememts haven't helped but we have no excuse not to be challenging rather than languishing in the bottom half.

Although we're rivals it's one of those where you don't mind seeing the other do well, just not better than you 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back