- Jul 6, 2017
- AFL Club
Brad being injured for that long block did his chances of a top 10 finish no good
Will be nice for Milera to have a full season.
Not pretty at all really. I'm hoping McAsey will come on and Fogarty needs a massive preseason as it's make or break for him next year. McHenry and Jones were not good picks at all especially based on the players around them that we missed out on. Lucky we hit the jackpot with Hamill, McPherson, Sholl, McAdam, Himmelberg. Schoenberg.McHenry, Jones, Fog and McAsey. All first rounders, not pretty.
I'm pretty sure Pyke knew what the score was regarding ROB surpassing Jacobs. Internal politics at footy clubs can lead to some weird decisions sometimes. Playing Jacobs in that last game didn't make any sense on the surface. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.Genuinely makes me feel sick thinking back to this obscene period.
Vaguely remember it being 200 game related.I'm pretty sure Pyke knew what the score was regarding ROB surpassing Jacobs. Internal politics at footy clubs can lead to some weird decisions sometimes. Playing Jacobs in that last game didn't make any sense on the surface. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.
Pretty ordinary polling by Tex and he’s a must keep for 2021 when he’s a year older and slower? Don’t get it.Thoughts on the data:
- Well done to David Mackay for finishing in the top 10 for VPG for the first time ever. Had a good season
- We should force Brad Crouch out because we don't rate him that much higher than Keays who will be on a bargain contract.
- Hartigan finished WELL above Talia. Should we keep him? We don't seem to think Butts or McAsey are ready based on the voting
- Poholke, Frampton and Crocker are finished. Can't see Seedsman getting games either into the future
- Outstanding job by McAdam to elevate into 10th on VPG in his debut season, above Sloane, Talia, Brad, and Smith
- The club rates the impact of Sholl and McPherson and I think both polled very well for first season players.
- Smith had a stinker of a season
- Walker is cooked and the club didn't rate his impact
- Concerns for McHenry, Jones and Fogarty who didn't poll well. Fogarty finishing below Walker who had a bad season isn't great. Jones had a number of "1" games which seems to be the new "terrible" game, in fact he had a few in a row without being dropped. Seems we are backing him in
- Schoenberg was hot and cold so ended up with an average result
Ah yes .... makes sense.....That was the second to last game.
Inexplicably we kept him in for the following (dead rubber) game.