Prediction 2020 AFC Best and Fairest - Congratulations Reilly O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
Tonight we bring to a close our worst ever season with the crowning of our best and fairest. Or, as I like to call it, the “least worst” player.

Reilly O’Brien is the hot favourite to take home the (very large) Gold jacket. Ben Keays in his first season with us after being picked up in the 2019 rookie draft, the only one with really any chance to beat him. Rory Laird and Matt Crouch with strong finishes to the season could also be dark horses.

They’ve changed up the voting for this year:

“Following each round, Adelaide’s senior coach and three line coaches will collectively grade each player’s performance on a 0-10 scale.

Each player is assessed on how they performed in their team role, offence, defence and transition, as well as their impact on the result.

Club Champion Voting Protocol:

1-2 votes: Played team role, little impact on the result.
3-4 votes: Played team role, impacted result.
5-6 votes: Solid in team role, positive impact on result.
7-8 votes: Strong in team role, significant impact on result.
9-10 votes: Elite in team role, dominant impact on result.”

Other awards include, Leading Goalkicker, The Phil Walsh Best Team Man award, Dr Brian Sando OAM Award, Mark Bickley Emerging Talent award, and Members MVP.

Anne Hatchard will also accept her AFLW B&F tonight after Covid made it a virtual award earlier in the year.

Will we finally see Chapman say goodbye? We can hope, I guess.

Last hour will be streamed on the AFC site starting at approximately 10pm.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the change to the voting. Refocuses the B&F on the best player and makes it harder for role players to poll highly.

Also makes it a team effort from the coaches for votes rather than having each coach give a rating, who might vote with slightly different metrics/scales

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back