2020 AFC Champions League (ACL)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's quite surprising to me. I know the AFC want everyone to take the ACL seriously, but it's the last competition in the world that people would want or expect to be prioritised. Especially if it's going to affect domestic leagues.

New schedule.

A-League clubs resume Asian Champions League

Tue, 6 October 2020

Australia's Asian Champions League teams are set to re-start their 2019-20 continental campaigns in mid-November, with Perth Glory the first to kick a ball in anger.

Asia's elite club soccer competition was suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resumed in the West Zone hub of Qatar on September 14, with Iran's Persepolis reaching the final after a penalty shootout win over Saudi Arabia's Al Nassr on Saturday.

They will meet the top team from the East Zone in the title clash on December 19.

New Glory coach Richard Garcia will see his side get the East Zone resumption underway when they take on China's Shanghai Shenhua in Group F on November 18.

Fixtures in Group H resume the following day, with Sydney FC scheduled to play Shanghai SIPG.

These chinese teams arent getting better with all their spending. Its a couple marquee players surrounded by subpar chinese team mates. Sydney could be 3 up here

Kosta is bloody overrated though. Hows he miss the target there. Sunday league stuff ffs

How'd the Smurfs look? I completely forgot this was on tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same old Sydney in Asia. Dominate and or go toe to toe, but useless in front of goal.

I think that's most of the A-league clubs when playing in Asia, it's all about system and structure in the ACL one moment in lack of concentration and boom your behind! You can get away with it in the A-League but not in the ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back