2020 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is a decent chance the grand final will have public sales. Which should get snapped up super quick. Seems like a lot of keen neutrals here, plus non members of the competing clubs.

I don't see anything wrong with QLD being a bandwagon state. If anything, it tells you that AFL can be just as successful as NRL in QLD if a team is performing strongly up here. You will never get that in NSW.

VIC members who went via NT could get tickets, same for NSW.

You just had to prove that you could legally attend and update your details with the club.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/520016/grand-final-set-for-30k-crowd-gill-hopes-for-unbelievable-vibe

Grand final capped at 30k. The push for further capacity has been canned.
Less than 20k sold so far so might not even sell out 30k.
Only 5,700 tickets sold to competing club members (allocation was 16,200) and heaps of dining package tickets left. If not snapped up tomorrow will be interesting to see if they do what the NRL does and slash prices to ensure a full house. Tickets are triple the NRL GF by the way.

Less than 20k sold so far so might not even sell out 30k.
Only 5,700 tickets sold to competing club members (allocation was 16,200) and heaps of dining package tickets left. If not snapped up tomorrow will be interesting to see if they do what the NRL does and slash prices to ensure a full house. Tickets are triple the NRL GF by the way.

I am Queensland based. I dont think it will have any issue selling out those public tickets. 22,000 rocked up to Geelong and Collingwood. I know it was cheaper. But there is a thirst for it here. Would be a fair amount of richmond and geelong fans from qld, nt and sa who aren't members having a go tomorrow as well.

I am Queensland based. I dont think it will have any issue selling out those public tickets. 22,000 rocked up to Geelong and Collingwood. I know it was cheaper. But there is a thirst for it here. Would be a fair amount of richmond and geelong fans from qld, nt and sa who aren't members having a go tomorrow as well.
Not that simple. Kids tickets were $25 for semis, $157 for GF. Actually most are $298+. So not everyone who went to the semi will go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that simple. Kids tickets were $25 for semis, $157 for GF. Actually most are $298+. So not everyone who went to the semi will go.

Correct. Wasn't suggesting they all would. Was just using it as an example of footy interest outside just club member numbers.

Got a good mate who lives in Canberra and is a tiges supporter.
All of a sudden it occurred to him that there is free movement from Canberra to Brissie, so as soon as tickets went on sale to the public, he nabbed a ticket for himself and his daughter.
So fly in? If he cars/bus etc he wont be allowed as transiting thru nsw?

For all the fuss V'Landys made about the AFL GF being in QLD, the NRL Grand Final in sydney with a reduced capacity (40k?) has yet to sell out. Amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back