Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, they are being posted.
Round 5 Crowds
Brisbane vs Port - Gabba - 10,161
GWS vs Hawthorn - Showground - 5,674
Sydney vs West Coast - Metricon - 2,238
Adelaide vs Fremantle - Metricon - 418
The Rest - 0

The Giants with the 2nd highest attendance of the round!

Ta. Weeks before??
Here are all games with a crowd this year.

Round 2 Crowds
Port vs Adelaide - AO - 2,240
GWS vs North - Showground - 350
Sydney vs Essendon - SCG - 337

Round 3 Crowds
GC vs Adelaide - Metricon - 1,997
Brisbane vs West Coast - Gabba - 1,965
Fremantle vs Port - Metricon - 180

Round 4 Crowds
Brisbane vs Adelaide - Gabba - 7,354
GC vs Fremantle - Metricon - 5,106
Sydney vs WB - SCG - 605
GWS vs Collingwood - Showground - 487
Port vs West Coast - Metricon - 450

Round 5 Crowds

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
gxxKpmfqQhSSlKBAs3LmTIoXsqcWFtChedoJ87k9-1JQe0kTN9ehEsNWcV-e6YHwGCP567c24QWLi3RK-70UV9OBsBuS-Jo8AxwLyl-iE0adljHXo_yHXet2L6eyTr1Ke3zaRpvXt4c35a9vwfZDThUMizwdpQ=s0-d-e1-ft
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] NSW and QLD footy fans ensure strong ratings continue
in the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]Strong growth in television audiences in New South Wales and Queensland have ensured the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season has returned with outstanding ratings as the season continues to unfold.

After five rounds, New South Wales and Queensland audiences have risen by 16 per cent on free-to-air television against 2019 figures, with a 38 per cent increase in the Brisbane audience alone as against 2019, as the Lions and SUNS both occupy positions in the top eight.

Overall, national TV ratings for the AFL competition are up a staggering 21 per cent on 2019, reflecting the increased interest in the game and the closeness of the competition.

The Brisbane Lions’ Saturday night game against the West Coast Eagles in Round Three saw the second-highest free-to-air audience in Brisbane for a home and away game since 2014. It also marked the highest free-to-air audience for a home and away game since 2011.

Thursday night marquee matches have been particularly strong, averaging 1.2 million fans per game, 16 per cent ahead of last year, while Friday night audiences have increased nine per cent against last year’s figures to reach an average of 1.1 million fans per game.

Top Five Games for 2020
1. Round 2 Collingwood v Richmond (Thursday night - 1.62m viewers – highest ever Thursday night home-and-away television audience)
2. Round 1 Richmond v Carlton (Friday night - 1.37m viewers)
3. Round 2 Geelong Cats v Hawthorn (Friday night – 1.28m viewers)
4. Round 3 Richmond v Hawthorn (Thursday night – 1.10m viewers)
5. Round 4 GWS GIANTS v Collingwood (Friday night – 1.02m viewers).

source: AFL media release[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
gxxKpmfqQhSSlKBAs3LmTIoXsqcWFtChedoJ87k9-1JQe0kTN9ehEsNWcV-e6YHwGCP567c24QWLi3RK-70UV9OBsBuS-Jo8AxwLyl-iE0adljHXo_yHXet2L6eyTr1Ke3zaRpvXt4c35a9vwfZDThUMizwdpQ=s0-d-e1-ft
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] NSW and QLD footy fans ensure strong ratings continue
in the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]Strong growth in television audiences in New South Wales and Queensland have ensured the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season has returned with outstanding ratings as the season continues to unfold.

After five rounds, New South Wales and Queensland audiences have risen by 16 per cent on free-to-air television against 2019 figures, with a 38 per cent increase in the Brisbane audience alone as against 2019, as the Lions and SUNS both occupy positions in the top eight.

Overall, national TV ratings for the AFL competition are up a staggering 21 per cent on 2019, reflecting the increased interest in the game and the closeness of the competition.

The Brisbane Lions’ Saturday night game against the West Coast Eagles in Round Three saw the second-highest free-to-air audience in Brisbane for a home and away game since 2014. It also marked the highest free-to-air audience for a home and away game since 2011.

Thursday night marquee matches have been particularly strong, averaging 1.2 million fans per game, 16 per cent ahead of last year, while Friday night audiences have increased nine per cent against last year’s figures to reach an average of 1.1 million fans per game.

Top Five Games for 2020
1. Round 2 Collingwood v Richmond (Thursday night - 1.62m viewers – highest ever Thursday night home-and-away television audience)
2. Round 1 Richmond v Carlton (Friday night - 1.37m viewers)
3. Round 2 Geelong Cats v Hawthorn (Friday night – 1.28m viewers)
4. Round 3 Richmond v Hawthorn (Thursday night – 1.10m viewers)
5. Round 4 GWS GIANTS v Collingwood (Friday night – 1.02m viewers).

source: AFL media release[/TD]
[/TD]

This will not please some posters :)

BTW, it seems to be missing Friday night's game which averaged 1.121M so should be in 4th

Nah, they are being posted.
Round 5 Crowds
The Rest - 0
Essendon & Kangaroos will draw a decent crowd Saturday night at Metricon. I don’t know how many they’ll let in but Essendon will certainly draw a crowd there if allowed..,

I hope the AFL promote these figures esp with V'Landys talking BS about the NRL figures.

"Overall, national TV ratings for the 2020 AFL competition are up a staggering 21 per cent on 2019, reflecting the increased interest in the game and the closeness of the competition".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate is a collingwood supporter living in sydney, reckons he found out they are only selling tickets to Sydney based pies members at the moment. This is strange as i wouldn't think there would be 5k of pies members in sydney anyway. Therefore maybe later in the week sales will go to the general public.

tickets are available to carlton v bulldogs to the public as of today, there was a member pre-sale yesterday. I managed to grab 8. It is being very under promoted though. I think the AFL are missing a chance to turn this into a footy festival up here. Most common AFL fans up here that i know are searching for tickets but it is really hard to find any information. Metricon have stated they wont be opening for every game.

I emailed them directly. Gabba had the same response, i think it depends on the AFL.

The email just stated it depends on what the AFL and clubs want to do. However i just scored tickets to Port v GWS as well. My friend who is a port member secured them, im not sure if there are public tix though, as i said before its so hard to find info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back