Review 2020 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

So this might look familiar but it's actually a new spreadsheet, built to hopefully make it easier to update during the draft.

Going to do the best I can, hopefully it doesn't break. 🤞🤞🤞

To embed the spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum use the following:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1uekV33YWh329IBqWvR0BXVfUgS8T-OK7fkecE7xQslM[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Well folks, it is the big day today and I thought it would be good to have a draft discussion thread up where people can discuss the actual draft as it is happening.

Big day for all the clubs as like with all drafts today is the day a future great team can be made, but it is also the day that could either keep a club down at the bottom, or begin the decline of formally great clubs if they don't draft correctly.

It is also a draft where unlike in other years it is highly likely the best player in the draft could end up being outside the top 10, or even outside the top 30 since none of the Victorian kids got to play, so we did not get to see any bolters from that state, and even the states that did get to play underage football didn't get to play that many games.

This also has to be the first draft in a long time that even with only 11 hours to go we still really don't know who is going to be pick 1 (well technically pick 2). It is a really hard draft to even guess who is going where.

So, are you all excited, nervous, confident? What are you hoping for? What could your team do that will make you happy this evening, angry or nervous? What are you expecting from your team?

I'm coming around to the, I hope JUH gets bid on by Adelaide and we get the number one kid in the land without winning the spoon. 😁

Well folks, it is the big day today and I thought it would be good to have a draft discussion thread up where people can discuss the actual draft as it is happening.

Big day for all the clubs as like with all drafts today is the day a future great team can be made, but it is also the day that could either keep a club down at the bottom, or begin the decline of formally great clubs if they don't draft correctly.

It is also a draft where unlike in other years it is highly likely the best player in the draft could end up being outside the top 10, or even outside the top 30 since none of the Victorian kids got to play, so we did not get to see any bolters from that state, and even the states that did get to play underage football didn't get to play that many games.

This also has to be the first draft in a long time that even with only 11 hours to go we still really don't know who is going to be pick 1 (well technically pick 2). It is a really hard draft to even guess who is going where.

So, are you all excited, nervous, confident? What are you hoping for? What could your team do that will make you happy this evening, angry or nervous? What are you expecting from your team?

when does it start?

Does anyone know when the first pick will be taken.

I know that it is "from" 7pm, but I'd be guessing the first pick wouldn't be until later?

I think last year they had about 30mins of preamble..this year with it being done over the web who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to posters confidently proclaiming certain clubs have 'won' or 'lost' the draft within minutes of it being finished.

I look forward to posters confidently proclaiming certain clubs have 'won' or 'lost' the draft within minutes of it being finished.
I feel like we'll know who the winner of draft night is after pick 1 is called out. Drafting the best kid in the country and making finals in the same year is some feat. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it if he's the second best kid though :p

Reminds me of this from Jake Niall years ago

"Outside player with good pace'' - a receiver, won't go in.

"He's a real athlete'' - played mostly basketball or soccer. No idea about footy.

"Quick hands/great vision/has footy smarts'' - slow.

"We can't believe we got him at pick 42'' - We haven't seen the X-rays or spoken to his parole officer.

"He's an elusive type'' - absolutely terrified.

"Great goal sense'' - never handballed in his life.

"He's a burst player'' - has only one burst, no endurance.

"Has skills, needs to work on his fitness'' - will be a blimp before the season's end.

"He has a great upside'' - he has even greater downside.

"Tremendous work ethic and a great competitor'' - no skills.

"Solid citizen, from a good family'' - private schoolboy.

"Natural forward'' - never tackled, shepherded or manned up.

"Raking left-foot kick'' - a dud on his right.

"Suited to a tagging role'' - can't play.

"He will add to our depth'' - can't play.

"He's a bit of a punt, but we needed a third ruckman'' - can't play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back