2020 AFL Draft Night - Chatter

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the AFL app footage had them assuming everyone had passed and had moved on to wrapping up so I missed our last picks. Interesting pair, definite need picks which I like late.

Big on Fleeton for us, that type of defender that just gets it done tall or small, knows his limitations re: skills and athleticism so doesn't make too many mistakes, could be a Corr type in future

He's from my local club Geelong West Giants. So chances are he may have already been up to your facilities with one of the groups of juniors we send up each season to GWS as part of the partnership schemes.

Will be well used to wearing the jersey already.

Just spoken to a few mates in recruitment...to say they were bemused with our strategy tonight is an understatement. We would get a D but for the fact Bruhn is liked and we got that extra 1st rounder so it’s a C-. We’re a bit of a laughing stock tonight, let’s hope time can change that but not holding breath.

my attitude to the draft is always a bit “meh, we’ll see”

there are always high picks that don’t work out and late picks that become champions.

there’s always a woulda shoulda coulda - but that’s for every club there is.

I welcome the new players and hope they turn out. but I also know that most of them won’t - because that’s the way it always is. very few years produce a bumper crop for a single club. If one of them is a winner then that’s a win for mine.

as I said - we’ll see.

my attitude to the draft is always a bit “meh, we’ll see”

there are always high picks that don’t work out and late picks that become champions.

there’s always a woulda shoulda coulda - but that’s for every club there is.

I welcome the new players and hope they turn out. but I also know that most of them won’t - because that’s the way it always is. very few years produce a bumper crop for a single club. If one of them is a winner then that’s a win for mine.

as I said - we’ll see.

Swans are going to be very formidable, they smashed it again. Essendon took two 10 year players and one high risk/high return guy. Collingwood did well and got maximum return.

Unless you believe in Keeffe and Idun, we made a very odd decision.

Bruhn is a very good player (top 16yo) but has had basically 2 years out. Bonar was the best 16yo and so was James Aish! Pleasingly Rowell was the best 16yo! Who knows.

So, Shane Savage in tomorrow's rookie draft?

Bruhn has a good football pedigree.

I played against his dad Matt in U/16 and U18s and he was a gun in the GFL league for many years.
Any inside info on how the family are? Self sufficient or mummy's boys? :D

Any inside info on how the family are? Self sufficient or mummy's boys? :D

His dad was a pretty well put together, hard at it player so I'd think he'd have no problems bulking up.

Came out of the same U/18 side that had Matt Primus, David Mensch and Kent Butcher from Collingwood in it.

Looks like Mum can cook a bit...

All the Twitter and BF chatter is on how unhappy Tanner Bruhn looked when drafted. I’m not sure, I’ve listened to a bunch of interviews and he seems a very serious kid and not overtly demonstrative. Last year Lachie Ash looked like he had just been told his missus was bonking his best mate when drafted. Some guys are like that but Ash has yet to re-sign. If Bruhn goes after 2 years these guys will have some serious questions to answer. There is little doubt about his talent though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back