2020 AFL Draft Night - Chatter

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Do we look to bid on Cody Brand with our last pick? Seems a decent prospect, Essendon taking Cox & Reid are presumably counting on Brand getting through to the rookie draft and might not match an early-ish bid.
I'd be happy with a Brand bid at either one of our next two, would still like to get Highmore and then Fleeton as a rookie tho

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
So, are we done for tonight? We're two picks short of our required 36 main list players, so still need two from somewhere.

If there are only supposedly 52-53 picks done tonight, do we take 1 or even 2 more at the back end of the draft - whoever happens to be there who's available and fits our needs? Possibly Highmore, Fleeton, Isiah Winder. Of do we now look to get one or two DFAs in? We could still look to one rookie selection if we don't take back Zach Sproule.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Or do we look to trade back in with ... I guess third round next year is all we've got left ... if there's someone we like in that 40-50 mark and don't want to risk them not getting to the last draft selection.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I still rate Jack Carroll, Zavier Maher, Caleb Poulter, Eddie Ford, Brandon Walker, Isiah Winder, Brodie Lake, Tom Highmore, Jack Ginnivan, Cam Fleeton, Cody Brand ... see if they're still on the board when our very late remaining picks come up. Perhaps we're prepared to snag a bargain slider?

EDITed to remove those selected after this post!

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I still rate Jack Carroll, Zavier Maher, Caleb Poulter, Brandon Walker, Isiah Winder, Brodie Lake, Tom Highmore, Cam Fleeton, Cody Brand ... see if they're still on the board when our very late remaining picks come up. Perhaps we're prepared to snag a bargain slider?
We may be looking to bring in some SPP players as well, I could realistically see a few types we'd target slide out of the draft

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
And could Adrian rate Liam Kolar or Jackson Callow as tall options who might be available late?
I'm expecting pies to pick Kolar, so Callow might be someone we target but we don't usually go for that sort

Back