Resource 2020 AFL Draft Order

See OP for details: click here

If you would like to embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please copy and paste the following 😊
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1qZalgdA8pyGSTpXQxIcEGm8ZVacZOJNmHYs6YTQhbl8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Yes but the official confirmation comes from @AFL_House on twitter, they haven't posted it yet.

There's a bit of confusion over whether the Caldwell and Cameron deals were interrelated or not, apparently some clubs submitted it as a 3 way trade and others didn't. And then the Hind trade is after that one and involves picks that Essendon got from the Caldwell trade.

So it's messy, and they haven't posted it yet.

No worries. Great work throughout the period and the year. Looking forward to a great 2021.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone waiting and refreshing page to see spreadsheet updated. Shows how good it is.
I've done my bit, tell the AFL to hurry up and make the official announcements if you're feeling impatient.

Was a compliment to the spreadsheet you made.
I took the last comment as sarcasm, apologies. But you should get some rest now, I'll update it as soon as I can but I think AFLHQ has clocked off for the night (or at least their spokesperson/social media noob has).

I'm not gonna copy it, half the time they fu** it up. And then they quietly change it later without explanation :rolleyesv1:

Once AFLHQ officially publishes the trades (they still haven't) and I've finished doing it, then I'll compare notes.
Ah, fair enough. The trade tracker has also been updated FWIW:

Ah, fair enough. The trade tracker has also been updated FWIW:

Also often derped haha. They post them out of order and clubs trade picks they don't have or it's recorded wrong.

Speculative update: Caldwell, Cameron and Hind
I've made a duplicate of the spreadsheet just as a 'for now' until we can get proper confirmation.

Speculative update includes:

Correction: Jaidyn Stephenson and Atu Bosenavalugi (Collingwood) to North Melbourne with #39 in exchange for #26, #33, #70. (i.e. #70 in 2020, not Brisbane's future 4th that North had.)

Jye Caldwell (GWS) to Essendon with #44 and #74 in exchange for #29 and a future 2nd round pick (tied to Essendon)

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) to Geelong with two future 2nd round picks (tied to GWS and Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong)

Nick Hind (St Kilda) to Essendon with #77 in exchange for #67 and #74

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 14.15.59.png

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
I've made a duplicate of the spreadsheet just as a 'for now' until we can get proper confirmation.

Speculative update includes:

Correction: Jaidyn Stephenson and Atu Bosenavalugi (Collingwood) to North Melbourne with #39 in exchange for #26, #33, #70. (i.e. #70 in 2020, not Brisbane's future 4th that North had.)

Jye Caldwell (GWS) to Essendon with #44 and #74 in exchange for #29 and a future 2nd round pick (tied to Essendon)

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) to Geelong with two future 2nd round picks (tied to GWS and Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong)

Nick Hind (St Kilda) to Essendon with #77 in exchange for #67 and #74

View attachment 1010871

GWS with 4 first rounders. They could do some damage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Lore any chance we can get the spreadsheet updated?

Edit: Don’t mind me, just read the last page.

They still still still haven't published it. The mind boggles I tell ya.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
As with previous editions from previous years, this spreadsheet will updated automatically during the season.

I will also try to post a screenshot of it once the round is over for posterity and so that the most up to date information is accessible in case the spreadsheet breaks for any reason.

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

For ease of access I have also set up threadmarks on the round updates, and will do the same through the trade period as picks change hands. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

What's the fewest amount of points a team, has gone to the draft with?

What's the fewest amount of points a team, has gone to the draft with?
Probably Hawthorn 2016, the year they got O'Meara I think they entered into the draft in the 70s, which was either worth less than 50 points or none at all.

Yeah they took Lewis Mitchell I think? Memorable name.
Obviously not memorable enough. It was Mitchell Lewis. ;)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Obviously not memorable enough. It was Mitchell Lewis. ;)
Not even memorable enough that he went at their second pick 76.

Official updates on the Caldwell, Cameron and Hind trades
Managed to dig something official out of Pat Keane, who used to be the AFL's media relations guy for like 20 years and now works in the office of the CEO. Seems more responsive than the actual media relations person...

Jye Caldwell (GWS) traded to Essendon with #44 and #74 for #29 and future 2nd (tied to Essendon)

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.22.26.png

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) traded with future 2nd (tied to GWS) and future 2nd (tied to Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong).

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.26.12.png

Nick Hind (St Kilda) traded to Essendon with #77 in exchange for #67 and #74.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.29.02.png

Updates to the 2021 draft order are here:

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
From Paddy Keane to Nadine Rabah.

That’s like Kevin Sheedy to Matthew Knights.

Back