Game Day 2020 AFL Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, Lions exceeded my expectation the last 2 years. I always wonder how come they finish so high. Yes, they got some stars but overall I would not expect them to finish top 2. Fagan is doing a great job. They got some average players looking better in a good system.

McCluggage was close to elite, AA 40. I am not sure about Berry who had some great games but mostly just good. Zorko had very average season but had some issues with a leg, so yes probably a couple more years.

Interesting case is Rayner. He does produces 1-2 magic moments but overall average. Cerra and Brayshaw already looking like better choice in that draft.

McStay, Hipwood set shots are on Corbett's level.
I kind of think Mccluggage's season got overrated.

Played 19 games - 18 possessions, 3.5 marks, 3 tackles, 0.4 goals, 0.7 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 65% Disposal efficiency

Was pretty good - but I don't think it was really that standout to be honest. Especially for an offensive player on a top 4 team.
Here are other guys that had comparable years statistically.

Chad Wingard: 17 games - 15 possessions, 3 marks, 3.5 tackles, 1.1 goals, 0.5 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 60% disposal efficiency
Shai Bolton: 18 games - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 2.5 tackles, 0.8 goals, 0.6 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 72% disposal efficiency
Kane Lambert: 19 games - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 2.5 tackles, 0.5 goals, 0.6 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 75% disposal efficiency
Brad Ebert: 14 games - 15 disposals, 3.5 marks, 3.5 tackles, 0.8 goals, 0.6 goal assists, 4.5 score involvements, 60% disposal efficiency
Robbie Gray: 19 games - 17 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 0.8 goals, 0.7 goal assists, 5.5 score involvements, 71% disposal efficiency
Lachie Weller: 17 games - 17 disposals, 2.5 marks, 2.5 tackles, 0.7 goals, 0.1 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 65% disposal efficiency
Darcy Parish: 17 games - 19 disposals, 1.5 marks, 3 tackles, 0.4 goals, 0.3 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 65% disposal efficiency
Kyle Langford: 16 games - 18 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 0.7 goals, 0.3 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 66% disposal efficiency
Dayne Zorko: 17 games - 17 disposals, 4 marks, 4.5 tackles, 0.5 goals, 0.4 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 65% disposal efficiency

I just think he needs to go to another level to help Brisbane become a premiership favourite.

Below is my support ladder through the finals -

The interstaters make up the Top 3

Lions
Power
West Coast

Then

Saint Kilda - Been a while
Bulldogs - Because they are better options than the bottom three
Collingwood - I have family members that are supporters (Doesn't everyone?)
Richmond - Because they are not Geelong
Geelong - Just no.

well this sucks

Jirik13 mccluggage only won 4 Brownlow votes last night.

for an all Australians attacking mid/fwd you’d expect a lot more. He obviously had a record breaker in the team with him! But even still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24k tickets available for the general public tomorrow morning.
which is a pretty good amount. Usually GF's are for corporates and not fans. Even at the G.. in a 100k crowd, each club only gets about 16k tickets each. The rest goes to corporates.

Thats why they always say, prelims are for fans (as the other finals), GF's? Not so much. If you're lucky to get one, more power to you.

I was lucky to get one from a ballot (its the only option my then membership would allow) in 2018, but that could have been because of the opposition being an interstate team.

which is a pretty good amount. Usually GF's are for corporates and not fans. Even at the G.. in a 100k crowd, each club only gets about 16k tickets each. The rest goes to corporates.

Thats why they always say, prelims are for fans (as the other finals), GF's? Not so much. If you're lucky to get one, more power to you.

I was lucky to get one from a ballot (its the only option my then membership would allow) in 2018, but that could have been because of the opposition being an interstate team.
I am actually a bit worried that it will not be sell out :) Brisbane is not Melbourne and Lions are out. I live in Brisbane and have no desire to go.

I am actually a bit worried that it will not be sell out :) Brisbane is not Melbourne and Lions are out. I live in Brisbane and have no desire to go.
I guess it depends on how many QLD Tigers/Cats fans there are.

Oh and what is the border restrictions for SA/QLD? No quarantine? because fans from there might fly over for it for both teams. Other than that. I'm sure there would be people that would love to witness a GF. Even if they don't go for either team.

We'll know come in the next few days, see how quickly.. or not? it sells out.

Oh and what is the border restrictions for SA/QLD? No quarantine? because fans from there might fly over for it for both teams. Other than that. I'm sure there would be people that would love to witness a GF. Even if they don't go for either team.

About 5-6000 were picked up by Geelong/Rich members today. At $185 a ticket, and as a Qlder and living on the GC, I wouldn't pay the money. I'd rather sit at home, get a few mates around, have a bbq and watch it on the tele, and spend the dollars that way...
But being in Thailand, that's not a decision I have to make....;)

No restrictions for SA, WA, ACT, NT, Tasmania.

Nor can l Iva but you still have to watch it surely. Come on.
I have watched every year since the early 80’s but I have zero interest in watching this one. Can’t stand Richmond Who feed off clubs like ours and Geelong are no better ( grabbing Cameron from the giants )

I will be watching the new series on Star Trek on Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back