AFL 2020 - AFL Finals Preliminary Finals (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane deserve to lose. Every time they have bombed it forward they have Charlie and Shitwood outnumbered 2 v 6. How the * do you expect to win? Zorko misses a sitter (among others). They wont be doing anything worthwhile and Danihers 4 games a year wont be the answer

That said i despise geelong, porkins, danger, scott, selwood and Rohan so go Richmond i guess. Lesser of 2 evils slightly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These occasional big wins make it all worthwhile, the thrill of those final moments is hard to match, it's quite a rush, and makes the football something to look forward to.

Especially in a bizarre year where you find yourself stranded in a foreign land with nothing to do but drink, gamble, and engage in certain other unwholesome activities.

And that's how we gamble :thumbsu:
Drink, gamble and unwholesome activities? You should be selling memberships. Half of Bigfooty punting board would jump on a plane...

That after the siren goal sinks the point unders. Hope all the lions get Covid. They deserve it
you couldn;nt make this s**t up

Richmond 1-39 @ 2.49Big Win Little Win
Port Adelaide v Richmond
Fri 16/10/20 19:51
Won

Melbourne Storm (-6.0) @ 1.97Line
Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders
Fri 16/10/20 19:52
Won

Geelong 1-39 @ 2.40Big Win Little Win
Brisbane v Geelong
Sat 17/10/20 19:42

I'm not sure how it's possible, but it seems like i'm a bit of a contrarian backing Richmond.

They're the better team, far more finals experience, proven in bigger games, have the best superstar, outstanding in the dew / rain, good structure, well coached.

Additionally i'm concerned for Bris and Port having 1 game in 3 weeks. I think for some teams this is a big disadvantage (teams winning week 1 are 4 and 4 in prelims whereas before the change they were 7 and 1). I think some teams come out really flat.

Remember Port have been carried through this season with HGA and aren't a proven finals side. I don't see any advantage to Port in terms of mids, forwards or backs. Edwards and Prestia back in means that dangerous players like Bolton now play forward. I don't give too much credence to the Port win vs Rich because the latter had personnel missing and a 4 day break.

On the flipside Port have HGA, plenty of enthusiasm and coming off a solid win vs Geel.

Think it's madness backing against Rich in a massive game vs Port who haven't played finals since 2014.

As far as rankings go I have Port the 4th best team currently in finals. Odds seem a bit out because you can get both games at +2.5 but Rich are better than Geel and Bris are better than Port imo.
Teams having a first week win are now 4W and 6L in prelims. While Port predictably just lost to a better more composed team, Bris were awful. I think Geel were a better team, but it didn't look like the 1 game in 3 worked for Bris at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back