2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

Financially this is a disaster but onfield very happy with this draw - five interstate plus China plus Geelong - only one MCG and 14 at Marvel.

Ahem....

Round 19 into 20 with a 5 day break seems a bit odd & harsh for the Tiges
Throw in interstate travel too.

But then we have a nine day break... and then all our games on a seven day break... and that will be why the AFL gifted us a flag.

9 KP, 5 MCG, 2 Marvel, 6 Interstate (WA x2, SA x1, NSW x2 and QLD x1)

Worst part is having to play at Marvel and two WA games in 3 weeks (WCE rd 4, Freo rd 6)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tasmanian Games
Launceston: North, Port, WCE, Adel
Hobart: Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast Fremantle

How much do we pay the AFL again for this "right". Congrats Brisbane fans, you are not playing in Launceston this year. Just Hobart instead.

Nothing showcases the rigged nature of this draw than the Tassie games, or those teams sent off to play in regional areas. Still no Collingwood or Essendon. No Geelong for a long long time(07 I think). Yet Freo and Brisbane, once again, have to make the trip south. Only 1 Victorian team* this year. Every interstate side apart from GWS or Sydney, who both did the trip last year.

The sooner we rip up this deal, the better. But, of course, when we don't turn up, it is all about us.

Tasmanian Games

How much do we pay the AFL again for this "right". Congrats Brisbane fans, you are not playing in Launceston this year. Just Hobart instead.

Nothing showcases the rigged nature of this draw than the Tassie games, or those teams sent off to play in regional areas. Still no Collingwood or Essendon. No Geelong for a long long time(07 I think). Yet Freo and Brisbane, once again, have to make the trip south. Only 1 Victorian team* this year. Every interstate side apart from GWS or Sydney, who both did the trip last year.

The sooner we rip up this deal, the better. But, of course, when we don't turn up, it is all about us.

You understand that the entire reason these games are sold in the first place is because few would attend them in Melbourne.

Lol I would be saying that too if port didn’t leave their home ground for 8 weeks straight

Where in the fixture does Richmond play at the MCG for 8 weeks straight?

Tasmanian Games

Tassie has pushed for bigger games to be down there, but the AFL is bent on crowd maximization so that makes it hard

Fwiw the Tassie trip is one popular with RFC supporters, but we get why we are only being sent down occasionally.

Personally I'd ignore crowd maximization and mix it up more - the payout they get for selling these games should be enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back