2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I would be saying that too if port didn’t leave their home ground for 8 weeks straight

You do realise even if we played every non Vic side at their home, paying away games in Victoria is unavoidable, and given AFL scheduling a block like that is possible regardless?

For Richmond it’s simply a matter of anyone , anywhere anytime .
You’ve got to play them sonetime .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have a great draw.

14 games at the G (5 in a row mid season)
we play Adelaide, Carlton, GWS, Collingwood & West Coast twice

Away games against Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, WCE, Freo & Brisbane

We finally get to play North, Swans & Doggies at the G and only have to play at Marvel twice.

The only negative I can see is in Round 19 we play Dogs at the G on a Sunday but then play Adelaide Round 20 on a Friday night, other than that this is a great result for us.

Expecting outrage from Geelong fans after their club was handed 4 of last 5 games at GMHBA, given the way they carried on about the unfairness of the draw for Richmond in 2019.

We have a great draw.

14 games at the G (5 in a row mid season)
we play Adelaide, Carlton, GWS, Collingwood & West Coast twice

Away games against Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, WCE, Freo & Brisbane

We finally get to play North, Swans & Doggies at the G and only have to play at Marvel twice.

The only negative I can see is in Round 19 we play Dogs at the G on a Sunday but then play Adelaide Round 20 on a Friday night, other than that this is a great result for us.
Actually that's an interesting thing about the draw - there's a lot of five day breaks - we have a five day break for our first and only Friday match - but can't complain about breaks - apart from that we only have three other six day breaks so far.

Should be the opening game. One of the best teams of the last few years playing one of the worst teams is hardly a great season opener.

Well bad luck. Carlton deserve to open the season cause we a rich, big club, no matter how bad we have been, our prestigious viewing figures and TV ratings to this fixture back it up, and the AFL knows this, we are a goldmine for them in the season opener👍👍👍

Until they move the GF to neutral venues, this comp will always just be a Provincial player in the World of Sport.
Manifestly unfair that the tenants of the GF venue get to play there the majority of the season, and their biggest threat travels every second week.
Victoria the progessive state, My arse!

Until they move the GF to neutral venues, this comp will always just be a Provincial player in the World of Sport.
Manifestly unfair that the tenants of the GF venue get to play there the majority of the season, and their biggest threat travels every second week.
2/10

You can join the "Revolution" about it in this thread if you'd like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Friday night game without a vic team again.

It's almost like the AFL created a fixture that ensured Victorian Clubs were seen on FTA television as often as possible. What a novel concept :think:

Especially as they are the only state not to have the 'local' teams on FTA every week.

2019 H & A wins for each team's double ups compared to their final ladder position:

1572484333089.png

Bulldogs the luckiest by this measure, then Freo & Richmond.

Carlton the unluckiest, then North and Hawthorn.

Otherwise shows the impact of the AFL fixture guidelines.

Expecting outrage from Geelong fans after their club was handed 4 of last 5 games at GMHBA, given the way they carried on about the unfairness of the draw for Richmond in 2019.

Some are complaining they have too many Kat Park games close to finals....

i cant why they dont ever put a showdown of port v ade or wc v freo on fri night?

Its great to watch as a neutral, i rather watch that then some ess v syd they got on on rd 2

Showdown and derby should be Friday night locks, with seven pumping the tyres in Melbourne. Stupid it's still not happening

i cant why they dont ever put a showdown of port v ade or wc v freo on fri night?

Its great to watch as a neutral, i rather watch that then some ess v syd they got on on rd 2

While I don't disagree, the Swans and Bombers have played out a lot of good, close contests in recent years.

You understand that the entire reason these games are sold in the first place is because few would attend them in Melbourne.

And the reason we buy these games is to stimulate the economy via tourism and marketing purposes. The 2 Victorians teams we get either play 4 games down in Hobart or have travelled to Hobart the last 2 years. That is not going to get new visitors to this state. That is disgraceful fixturing for one of your (many) stakeholders. If it is good enough for Richmond and Carlton to travel down here multiple times, then surely Collingwood and Essendon could grace us once with their esteemed presence. Lets not talk about Geelong. How the hell has the AFL not scheduled them in Hobart yet. But this fixture doesn't even a new Victorian team like the Bulldogs down in Hobart. Nope, boring matches, poor crowds and a waste of taxpayers money. This money is better spent getting an actual national team down here(Cough NBL cough).

Heck, watch out North fans, outside the AFLW team, you have 6 games down here next year(4 Hobart, 1 Launceston, 1 pre-season). I just wonder what the AFL is thinking............(again, stupidity)

Ohh, I forgot. Brisbane is a team with Melbourne ties. It would be good if they honoured their agreement with them about playing a certain amount of games in Melbourne and just keep sending them to Tassie because they are "Victorian." hypocritical bull

No Friday Night, 1 other night game, only 12 games in Melbourne of which 8 games are at 1pm's on Sunday's.

Get ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back