News 2020 AFL Fixture

SurreyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 1, 2002
www.bluebaggers.com
AFL Club
Carlton
When you are a terrible performing team year in, year out, that's what you get
The AFL has a responsibility to look after every team that is part of its comp. and help it to try and get better gate receipts and sponsorship. This is a big part of getting clubs to stand alone financially. The only way to do that is fair and equal fixture. 18 Teams should all have an equal share of Friday, Thursday night, Saturday night/day and Sunday games. For instance, there is no reason why Adelaide v Port Adelaide can’t be on FTA on a Friday night game or Brisbane v Gold Coast on Thursday night. Why should it be the successful or the up and coming clubs only?

Collingwood have received these handouts for decades and surely any logical person can see the incompetences in the fixture or even the manipulation towards some teams. For instance a team like Collingwood will never receive a fixture Carlton has received!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
This fixture stinks like a thousand monkey assholes.

So our home games are: Ess, Coll, GWS, Cats, Lions and Eagles (All top 8)

Our away games are: Haw, PA, Adel, Frem, GCS and Melbourne (All bottom 8)
I reckon our away games look alright. Hawthorn & Melbourne games are played in Melbourne, we beat Freo in Perth this year, we should have beaten the Suns at Carrara (stand on the goal line McG) & Adelaide are an unknown quantity at this stage. The biggest challenge will be against the Power (am I doing this right Gil?)

Rosscoe

Senior List
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon our away games look alright. Hawthorn & Melbourne games are played in Melbourne, we beat Freo in Perth this year, we should have beaten the Suns at Carrara (stand on the goal line McG) & Adelaide are an unknown quantity at this stage. The biggest challenge will be against the Power (am I doing this right Gil?)
Our season will depend on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SurreyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 1, 2002
www.bluebaggers.com
AFL Club
Carlton
Play 17 rounds plus 2 traditional rival rounds (Blues vs. Pies and Dons?)
Firstly all teams need to play each other in the first 17 rounds. Currently first incorrect manipulation.
Secondly, after 17 rounds, all top 8 teams play bottom 8 teams starting from top to bottom, ie. top team plays last, second last, third last, etc. over next 5. This also rewards top sides.

The Blue Weirdo

Team Captain
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Firstly all teams need to play each other in the first 17 rounds. Currently first incorrect manipulation.
Secondly, after 17 rounds, all top 8 teams play bottom 8 teams starting from top to bottom, ie. top team plays last, second last, third last, etc. over next 5. This also rewards top sides.
This reminds me a bit like the McIntyre finals system that we used to use and Rugby League still do. Would prefer to see close games rather than reward top teams. Parramatta defeated Broncos in a final this year 58 to 0. Would be good to watch footy for 9 months of the year but I would adjust to 19 rounds fairly easily.

incaciawin

Debutant
Aug 7, 2009
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No Friday night lights for the Blues is absolute BS !
The AFL are looking in the rear view mirror to 2018. At that time losing Gibbs and then Docherty was a crippling blow to a youthful list. This time two full years further into the 'rebuild' the situation is completely different. The Blues are on the threshold of being one of the most exciting and watchable teams in the competition....If Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney could be deemed worthy of multiple Friday night games, then Carlton deserved at least two.
When the Blues begin their surge in 2020 the AFL will learn the hard way that it costs to be behind the curve.

BigBreakfast

Senior List
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
No Friday night lights for the Blues is absolute BS !
The AFL are looking in the rear view mirror to 2018. At that time losing Gibbs and then Docherty was a crippling blow to a youthful list. This time two full years further into the 'rebuild' the situation is completely different. The Blues are on the threshold of being one of the most exciting and watchable teams in the competition....If Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney could be deemed worthy of multiple Friday night games, then Carlton deserved at least two.
When the Blues begin their surge in 2020 the AFL will learn the hard way that it costs to be behind the curve.
I get shivers when I think about our recent Friday night efforts. A bit more for us to prove before we get back there. It will come though. Patience young incaciawin.

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
Jun 4, 2006
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
As you would expect when they have won two flags in three years and have over 100k in membets.
no.........no I did not expect that.............I did not expect that regardless of how many membets they had.......and can I say I saw this coming, gaming companies infiltrating our very language.........that I expected........

Top Bottom