News 2020 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

EY1TWW9U0AApHXF

Why are we playing Geelong at Geelong this year when we played them last year at Geelong. Shouldn’t it be our home game this year

Probably because they've got bigger concerns re: fixturing than whether Carlton need to drive to Geelong for the second year in a row.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. We're one of only 3 VIC teams who don't have to travel interstate in the first month, so that's a point in our favour. Also hoping that the lack of a crowd limits some of the advantage that Geelong typically get at GMHBA. Tough game, for sure, but good opportunity to make a statement with an unexpected win.

Kind of frustrating to see Gold Coast managed a better timeslot than us, I hate late afternoon starts makes it tricky to actually sit down and enjoy the game.

Plus would have thought Carlton V Essendon made much more sense. But AFL

Why are we playing Geelong at Geelong this year when we played them last year at Geelong. Shouldn’t it be our home game this year
Yep... if you whinge enough you end up getting more than you deserve, understand it’s unique times but draw eveness is still a bit of a joke, not hard too work out one year yours next years theirs... pretty simple you’d think...

Last edited:
Probably because they've got bigger concerns re: fixturing than whether Carlton need to drive to Geelong for the second year in a row.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. We're one of only 3 VIC teams who don't have to travel interstate in the first month, so that's a point in our favour. Also hoping that the lack of a crowd limits some of the advantage that Geelong typically get at GMHBA. Tough game, for sure, but good opportunity to make a statement with an unexpected win.

Princes Park is available, crowds not an issue.

I guess they just complain more and we get the short straw again trying to be good AFL citizens.

THIRD year in a row & it was our home game this year. :rage:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame didn’t get either of the WA teams or the SA teams, much prefer to play them on a neutral ground in QLD than travel to WA or SA later.

With the AFL only giving each 1 home game up there, rest away, they will have backloaded games on later in the year, so expect a a few trips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back