News 2020 AFL Fixture

Excuse me Sydney-siders, if we were to hypothetically make the trip for Easter weekend to Sydney for the game, where is a good spot to stay? 2 adults, an infant and a toddler. Asking for a friend.
might find a melbourne game would be less complicated, expensive, trying, quicker, closer, friendlier...…….just sayin'...……….

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
might find a melbourne game would be less complicated, expensive, trying, quicker, closer, friendlier...…….just sayin'...……….
The more I think about the logistics of schlepping a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old to Sydney, along with all of their accoutrements, the less I want to go.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
If you look at the fixture from the point of view of where we have been at for the last half a dozen years it doesn't look great, but surely we are on the verge of being able to look at games with the mindset that we can be competitive most of the time.

One thing is for certain, you are not going to win a premiership solely on the back of scoring what might be considered a soft fixture. You may well make the 8 e.g. the Dopers, or even the Top 4 e.g. Brisbane, Melbourne, Hawthorn, but the team which wins the premiership is generally a team which can look at every game as being winnable, totally disregarding the degree of difficulty of their fixture.

Despite not significantly improving our list during the trade period, the advantage we have over most teams is the potential for improvement from within on the basis of having a number of quality younger players all starting to push past the 50 game mark. This will inevitably lead to greater consistency of performance across the majority of our best 22 (however this may look next season) & should make the fixture less of a factor.

On a side note, I was hoping to get down to Melbourne at the end of March next year for a few days & take in a game. With us scheduled to play the Doggies in Round 2 & then backing up against the Dopers 5 days later, both home games, it would seem logical to stay an extra few days & take in the Thursday night game as well.

play each team once across 17 weeks then finish the season with some big repeats...…………...you're welcome...……...

Scrap preseason matches, play each team twice - home and away - plus finals.

The fairest system around........and 38 weeks of footy!

You're more welcome...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
:carlton: CARLTON :carlton:

Round 1: Richmond at MCG, Thursday March 19 at 7.25pm (Away)
Round 2: Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium, Saturday March 28 at 1.45pm (Home)
Thanks Chief

Chief got that wrong according to fixtures I seen published.
That is one of the twilight Saturday games at Docklands we have next season.
4-35 pm Saturday it should be.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Chief got that wrong according to fixtures I seen published.
That is one of the twilight Saturday games at Docklands we have next season.
4-35 pm Saturday it should be.
"Another feature of a packed start to the season will be in Round 2 when the Blues host their first ever AFLW and AFL double-header at Marvel Stadium. This will see the women take on the Dockers at 1:10pm, before the men face the Dogs at 4:35pm in what will be a true Bound By Blue afternoon. "

DemonJim troll liking!

tenor.gif
Apologies. Just thinking some people have a short memory about Friday night games is all.

Rosscoe

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
This fixture stinks like a thousand monkey assholes.

So our home games are: Ess, Coll, GWS, Cats, Lions and Eagles (All top 8)

Our away games are: Haw, PA, Adel, Frem, GCS and Melbourne (All bottom 8)

Rosscoe

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sooooo, would that mean we are more chance to win away games than playing harder teams ?
Weird thoughts Rosscoe

I reckon we are a good chance at home against any of those bottom 8 teams.

I am not saying we are in for a grim season; i back the boys and the team 100%.

Maybe its the equalisation policy but this is a difficult fixture for us.

My Hat

All Australian
Aug 18, 2018
My head
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't mind the fixture. I'd expect us to beat the Saints and the Swans, Kangas look like a middling team to me, and we beat the Dogs once and almost twice already this year. Tigers are the one big challenge.

It's all based on guesswork anyway. Reckon the teams that drew Melbourne twice this year had a different view of it at the start of the season than they did at the end.

I do wish every team could play each other once first and leave all the double ups for the end of the season, but I guess there are too many other demands on the fixture to manage that.

Back