Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, same thing happened last year. Means nothing
Who could forget all talk about the big big sound and the ‘scary’ power stance.
Media love everyone playing richmond.

I was in Japan for the prelims and GF - watched them all at a place called Bar Quest in Roppongi, also known as the Aussie bar...

table full of Crows supporters started festivities very enthusiastically, had their own private table and shisha machines... they went quiet pretty quick and left a couple minutes into the fourth.

I also met a female Aussie-ex pat who taught English over there, a tigers supporter. 20 something years my senior (was 21 at the time) - she decided she’d ask me to dinner after the game ended. I said, err, I have to find my hotel, she said ‘we can find it later’ ... then I said ‘I’m pretty broke’ ... and she said ‘I’ll pay’. My drunk ass had been cornered. I went with her to the restaurant, and when things started getting weird I did a runner.

I’ll never forget the 2017 grand final.
You missed a great opportunity to kick the sealer

Is anyone else’s week going at snails pace too? fu** me hurry up already!
Im with you man, weeks been a grind so far.
Bring on Saturday.

Yeah, this past 4 years has just been a slap in the face year after year, never rated, just a team of lucky hacks. Really hope the boys keep doing what they do and bring home another flag.

2016 - laughing stock, calls for a complete rebuild from not just within but externally in the media came in hard for us, Richmond being Richmond. Big laugh everyone big laugh.

2017 - We started to win but it was all about when will Richmond fall over, made the finals, top 4, Richmond will go out straight sets as we can't win finals, pretenders, Richmond knock off the cats WOW! only because we played them at the G instead of the cheat ground. GWS Prelim Cotchin bump on Shiel, how outrageous he should be suspended and miss the Grand Final, AFL looking after Richmond. Richmond in the GF, Adelaide will still smash us, Richmond win only because we played at the G and they are an interstate side.

2018 - Richmond are 1 year wonders and won't back it up and will copy what happened to the Dogs, we started winning, we get all the luck with injuries, we are the luckiest team in the comp. Finish 1st but then lose to the Pies in the Prelim, dynasty over, Richmond's style has been found out.

2019 - Early injuries, now we will know how hard it is when we cop injuries like the Pies had. Richmond season over before its started. We start winning, we then get back most of our injured stars except Rance and make finals but that's because of our favorable fixture at the G, The example being used to back up the claim we cant play away was because we lost to Eagles in 2018 on their home deck. We make another final series and smash everyone once again but its not fair because we get to play so many games at the G and got to play another non-vic team. Our 2 flags in 3 years is just lucky because the AFL need a strong Vic team so we get looked after

2020 - Covid, slow start to the season, team no longer has the hunger, complaining about hubs we were the worst and only side complaining apparently led by Cotchin, we start winning but we are now arrogant and flaunt the rules that everyone else abides by, then we are bullies because we play on the edge and Tom Lynch and Cotchin are the main culprits. Finals again, top 4 again, but now we lose to Brisbane for the first time in 14 years, we are gone, saints could even beat us but don't but now we have to go to Adelaide, Richmond don't win away even though we have played all year away but that doesn't count because we are now based in Qld, we win but only because of the umpires and now we are into our 3rd Grand Final in 4 years but Geelong are stronger, tougher and more dangerous up forward than last time we played them.

Richmond is a finals juggernaut haters and hopefully after 4 years it will finally sink in.

It's time...

Go Tiges !! Back2Back
Sensing a pattern reading all of that. GoTiges!

Love the way they are getting pumped up and raised , The fall will be so hard when the game starts and we smash them

Richmond didnt get into 3 grand finals in 4 years because we fluked it

We have beaten the Cats 5 of the last 6 times

2017 Richmond beat Geelong in the QF 51 points
2019 Richmond beat Geelong in the PF 19 points
2020 Richmond will beat Geelong in the GF by 44 points

Go Tigers !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tip
I’m tipping the power outage to top the year off!
Just think how many more people will be home watching than usual.. 100,000 normally there, hundreds of thousands in the city at pubs etc, everyone at gatherings, now it’ll be 5 million televisions .... boom!
You know it makes sense!😱
Sorry to inform you, the Power has already gone out! Wont be back this year!!!

Noah Balta,all 100 kgs of him. IMG_20201021_082856.jpg

Noah Balta,all 100 kgs of him.View attachment 990736
Lol, according to the Cats thread Hawkins "rag-dolled" Balta and gave him a bath in r17.
I wonder if this article will be posted there?

By the way, nice table top.

Last edited:
Lambert talks of changing roles and evolving game strategies

Cats have sat near the top of the ladder all year and yeah they had an easier time their last two finals but you can only beat the team that turns up
good form is good form

I wonder if Matty Knights is having a big hand in how the Cats are playing ?

He's the one thing that makes me nervous
he has the experience and we've seen it with Ratten this year in both head coaching , assistant and VFL coaching

Can he pull out a tactic that will upset us ? It only has to work for a quarter

both sides have arrived in tip top shape , no excuses

I love the way we look

bring it on

Lambert talks of changing roles and evolving game strategies

Cats have sat near the top of the ladder all year and yeah they had an easier time their last two finals but you can only beat the team that turns up
good form is good form

I wonder if Matty Knights is having a big hand in how the Cats are playing ?

He's the one thing that makes me nervous
he has the experience and we've seen it with Ratten this year in both head coaching , assistant and VFL coaching

Can he pull out a tactic that will upset us ? It only has to work for a quarter

both sides have arrived in tip top shape , no excuses

I love the way we look

bring it on

You can say the samething about us Adam Kingsley , have look at our midfield transformation at the centre bounce, clearances etc everybody said we can only one way chaos suprised a few and Ratten mentioned it in his press conference.

Our coaches are switched on Leppa, Fly, McQualter,Kingsley etc great mix in the box.

Feeling nervous, but I have always been nervous for every finals campaign over the last 4 years. Heck I even get nervous for team in the Granny when we aren't playing! I was nervous at 3qtr time last year against the Giants!

Being nervous because there is so much at stake is normal. I expect Geelong to come out all guns blazing, why wouldn't you, it's a Grand Final. We stick to our game plan, structure and the intensity we have brought most of the year and we will be hard to beat. I expect a tough game, it would be great to have a fitting Grand Final for 2020.

Nervous, but excited and proud.

SEN have lost Richmond.
Went for a walk this morning, 45 minutes, listening to SEN, they were virtually all around Geelong winning the ball, controlling the game, how they negate Dusty (Lyon suggested Selwood on Dusty :rolleyes:), how they can win.

Did we just scrape into the 8?

All white noise.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back