Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comment from an article on the AFL website. You wouldn't have picked this during the H&A season.

THE TIGERS ARE WINNING OUT OF THE MIDDLE

Just when you thought Richmond wasn't already hard to beat, the Tigers have now become an elite centre clearance side as well. Richmond had a centre clearance differential of -1.7 during the home-and-away season, ranked 16th in the League. However, during the finals series, that differential has improved to +8.0. It's the best of any finals side by some distance. The improvement was noticeable during last weekend's preliminary final win. In a round 11 loss to Port Adelaide, Richmond lost the centre clearance battle 5-20. On Friday night, the Tigers won the centre clearance battle 11-4 against the same opposition and subsequently won the match. The turnaround has come at the perfect time, given the location of this year's Grand Final. A series of past Brisbane players and coaches have spoken publicly about the importance of winning centre clearances at a Gabba ground that is second only to the SCG for the shortest in length in Australia. Winning that contest from the centre on Saturday night could therefore be pivotal to winning the territory battle, and maybe even the premiership itself.

once again Ross Lyon tipping tigers!! Love him! Smartest man in the media by a mile!🐯

lloyd tipping us too...

what a surprise the journo Sam McClure tipping geelong and danger for norm smith 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I don't want anyone to tip us.
Except Ross Lyon... he’s the only guy that actually knows anything about football and tips with his head and not his desires!

lloydy just follows him like a sheep🐏 🐏🐏

the rest can go and get ****ed! Can’t wait to stick it right up em!

Except Ross Lyon... he’s the only guy that actually knows anything about football and tips with his head and not his desires!

lloydy just follows him like a sheep🐏 🐏🐏

the rest can go and get f’ed! Can’t wait to stick it right up em!
Don't forget Nick Riewolt. Tipped us for the flag even after loss to Brisbane.

Don't forget Nick Riewolt. Tipped us for the flag even after loss to Brisbane.
True, he’s always been with us... would he be without jacks influence tho? Maybe not quite 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are the opposition salt merchants going to spin it if we win? No home ground advantage to point to, in the bottom few on the free kick differential ladder (again), had our share of injuries, won a final at the oppositions home ground. Am I missing something? What fabulous nonsense will the foamers be spouting this year?

How are the opposition salt merchants going to spin it if we win? No home ground advantage to point to, in the bottom few on the free kick differential ladder (again), had our share of injuries, won a final at the oppositions home ground. Am I missing something? What fabulous nonsense will the foamers be spouting this year?
salt of the earth people like us couldn't imagine what these sociopaths might come up with

I always considered the 1969 Premiership the greatest I've ever seen. It was so important in many ways. Fast forward to Saturday and this one may well top that for importance. What with a world in turmoil, a country full of campaigners and an AFL industry hell-bent on securing a Geelong Flag, yep a 2020 Tiger Premiership surely will be my new Number 1.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want this one bad. So many people speaking ill of our club. Really want to stick it to them
This will be our greatest premiership of this era if we pull it off.

Ross Lyon made a good point he said round 17 cats were chip mark chip mark chip in the backline against us , against the bears they played quicker they would handball to a player running by and go through the middle , they also lowered the eyes a lot more into there forward line where as against us in rnd 17 they just bombed it into the forward and our backline weren’t troubled

The Kitties were my dream match up
We are going to walk this in without breaking a sweat

I'm off to watch Poirot solve the murder on the Orient Express since that will be more thrilling than us smashing the cats

ancientaliens #meme | History channel meme, Ancient aliens meme, Aliens meme

Ross Lyon made a good point he said round 17 cats were chip mark chip mark chip in the backline against us , against the bears they played quicker they would handball to a player running by and go through the middle , they also lowered the eyes a lot more into there forward line where as against us in rnd 17 they just bombed it into the forward and our backline weren’t troubled
Helps when there is minimal pressure from the opposition...

they will def try move it faster vs us too but that also will open themselves up and give us a big chance to score heavily

Helps when there is minimal pressure from the opposition...

they will def try move it faster vs us too but that also will open themselves up and give us a big chance to score heavily

I am so chill about this game because I don't see any huge game-changing ins for them or outs for us this week. Well there's a few big ins for both teams since the last time we played but they kind of cancel each other out.

We all know Geelong's game is susceptible to our pressure because it's exactly what happened the past few games. Attack the ball carrier and they butcher it, or they chip it backwards.

If they butcher it or kick it backwards we'll win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back