News 2020 AFL GRAND FINAL @THE GABBA SAT OCT 24

Where do you THINK the Grand Final will be held?

• Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney (ANZ Stadium)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
According to Caroline Wilson on Nine's Footy Classified, there are four cities putting in bids for the Grand Final (Queensland (Brisbane or Gold Coast), Perth, Adelaide and Sydney.

Tony Cochrane is the chairman for the Queensland Bid based around Major Events, Grassroots Footy, and what this will do for footy in Queensland and what Queensland can do for the AFL moving forward. Mark Evans is also one of the advisers.

Announcement set to come next week.

There has also been talk of the Brownlow Medal being held at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in a big day of events holding the All Australian, Brownlow Medal, and Rising Star. The Gold Coast Suns and Mark Evans are leading the call. There is talk of the Brownlow being held the day after Round 18 or in the normal slot week of the Grand Final.

Where do you think the Grand Final will be held? Where do you think/How do you think the Brownlow will be held? Do we think there will be a GF Parade?

It is most likely money vs compassion. Bring on the Grand Final for Queensland- most likely will help Queensland's case for the Olympics/Paralympics in 2032!

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Reckon Brownlow gc
Gf gabba

definitely no parade

I hope we don’t continue with our bid for olympics. Massive waste of money given other issues at present.
I disagree with the games statement. I think it’ll help Qld come out of this COVID situation by creating more jobs, and boosting tourism once people can travel again to Queensland- not to mention the benefits for sport in Qld. We saw what it did to Queensland having the Commonwealth Games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I believe they were asymptotic but because of close contact at the youth detention centre everyone was tested and they tested positive
Incorrect. According to government at least 2 persons worked with symptoms for more than a week before getting tested.
• A 77-year-old Bundamba woman who worked in the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre, who tested positive on Wednesday after developing symptoms on August 10.

• A Marsden man who works at the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre, became ill about August 10.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Incorrect. According to government at least 2 persons worked with symptoms for more than a week before getting tested.

Oh ok abc news this morning said different.. I’m also curious of the positive cases on the cargo ships do they test before they come in to port how does that work? There’s been a few of those cases on ships now and the premier said they’re no concern to the public

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh ok abc news this morning said different.. I’m also curious of the positive cases on the cargo ships do they test before they come in to port how does that work? There’s been a few of those cases on ships now and the premier said they’re no concern to the public
Yes, if I remember correctly, tested on the ship and then a couple them transported to hospital.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd

Back