Not open for further replies.

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mod edit

10k posts = new thread

Old thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2020-afl-national-draft-thread.1229447/

So your are saying we are better off going early with the KPPs? (he asks hoping to pick up McDonald/Thilthorp and Cox)
100% I'd be arguing for Thilthorpe or DGB at pick 2 personally. I'm a huge fan of Thilthorpe, DGB and Phillips in this draft (they'd be my top 3) but have picked up on the fact that DGB and Phillips don't appear to be in our interests for pick 2.

The 3 that have most been rumoured at our selection are Thilthorpe, McDonald and Hollands. I would be over the moon with Thilthorpe, pleased with McDonald and disappointed with Hollands.

I was also raving about Nik Cox on here and said he was in my top 5 when most ranked him late teens-early 20's earlier this season. Big fan of him but it seems he might be going to Essendon or GWS so I'm not getting my hopes up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly not a fan of many of the latter KPP's. If I was in a position where I was force to take one with a late pick I'd go Josh Treacy.
What would your ideal selections be for our two first round picks? (best two for each)

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What would your ideal selections be for our two first round picks? (best two for each)

First pick - Thilthorpe or DGB (McDonald if you want me to be realistic based on who we've been rumoured to be into)

Second pick - Any of Cox, Bruhn, Perkins, Powell, Macrae, Cook or Pedlar

We basically can't go wrong at our second pick. I like most of the guys rumoured to be in this range.

EDIT: Added Macrae to players I'd be keen on at our 2nd pick

Last edited:

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pedlar ??

Thought he was rated around 30

After having a look through some games I've rearranged things and feel he's up there as one of the better pure midfielders in this draft after Phillips. He's had some issues with injuries but has more runs on the board than most other midfielders in this draft class and has many of the key traits you want in a midfielder.

He may very well go later on in the draft but I rate him in the group I mentioned and wouldn't be disappointed to grab him with our 2nd pick.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Bucky's top 50 is out and not going to post the whole thing because he likes a drone but it's as contrary as can be expected. I'll just do the top 20.

1. JUH
2. Thilthorpe
3. DGB
4. McDonald
5. Henry
6. Hollands
7. Reid
8. Perkins
9. Campbell
10. Bruhn
11. Davies
12. Jones
13. Phillips
14. McInnes
15. Macrae
16. Gulden
17. Jeffrey
18. Cox
19. Chapman
20. Cook

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Mod edit

10k posts = new thread

Old thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2020-afl-national-draft-thread.1229447/

100% I'd be arguing for Thilthorpe or DGB at pick 2 personally. I'm a huge fan of Thilthorpe, DGB and Phillips in this draft (they'd be my top 3) but have picked up on the fact that DGB and Phillips don't appear to be in our interests for pick 2.

The 3 that have most been rumoured at our selection are Thilthorpe, McDonald and Hollands. I would be over the moon with Thilthorpe, pleased with McDonald and disappointed with Hollands.

I was also raving about Nik Cox on here and said he was in my top 5 when most ranked him late teens-early 20's earlier this season. Big fan of him but it seems he might be going to Essendon or GWS so I'm not getting my hopes up there.

I must say I've long suspected the recruitment team like what they see in Thilthorpe and McDonald, along with Comben, a large part of why they decided to move on BBB. I've been following McDonald since early in the season but I must say, Thilthorpe's footage that GR posted really has me thinking that he is probably more versatile and probably more of a certainty to make it with stints in the ruck. I'm now of the view that Adelaide take him at 1, and we take McDonald (after bidding on JUH).

First pick - Thilthorpe or DGB (McDonald if you want me to be realistic based on who we've been rumoured to be into)

Second pick - Any of Cox, Bruhn, Perkins, Powell, Macrae, Cook or Pedlar

EDIT: Added Macrae to players I'd be keen on at our 2nd pick

If we don’t get Holland, will he drop to * 1st?

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I must say I've long suspected the recruitment team like what they see in Thilthorpe and McDonald, along with Comben, a large part of why they decided to move on BBB. I've been following McDonald since early in the season but I must say, Thilthorpe's footage that GR posted really has me thinking that he is probably more versatile and probably more of a certainty to make it with stints in the ruck. I'm now of the view that Adelaide take him at 1, and we take McDonald (after bidding on JUH).
Thilthorpe for ben brown, seems a like a good swap to me

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine the swans getting Campbell and Hollands out of this draft. That would be so f’ed.
Will probably happen. Will nab either hollands, perkins or philips if we get a tall with pick 2.
Benefits of academy players, really happy this is changing in 2021.

Will probably happen. Will nab either hollands, perkins or philips if we get a tall with pick 2.
Benefits of academy players, really happy this is changing in 2021.
It's not changing for the Northern Academies, only for the NGA.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
I think I've settled on Thillthorpe. Just such a ridiculous prospect, even if the "bust" potential is a little bit higher - the combination of size, speed, agility, contested marking, ability at ground level and kicking on both sides. Could be anything really, plus pick 11 is going to be mainly midfielders and flankers.

I still think Adelaide takes him though.

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think I've settled on Thillthorpe. Just such a ridiculous prospect, even if the "bust" potential is a little bit higher - the combination of size, speed, agility, contested marking, ability and ground level and kicking on both sides. Could be anything really, plus pick 11 is going to be mainly midfielders and flankers.

I still think Adelaide takes him though.
Apparently they've had 3 meetings with Macdonald including leadership group.
Hope we get thilly.

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
WHICH CLUBS POTENTIAL AFL DRAFTEES SUPPORT:

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
- Essendon

Logan McDonald - Collingwood

Will Phillips - Collingwood