Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am surprised the lack of interest in Finlay Macrae to be honest , I followed his brother closely in his underage football. Finlay at same age was tracking above jack in regards to development and output and it was only late in his draft year that Jack pushed up draft boards with a bullet. I rarely post but I can’t see how Jack Macrae would not be our best midfielder since Boomer on current output, I fear we will regret watching Finlay accumulate possessions at will against us for years to come . Outstanding family, great genes , I would be thrilled if he was available at 11
Apparently he can't leap tall buildings with a single bound, just a good footballer.

The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
Who was eventually delisted after 5 years, spent one year in SA, then back to local footy.
Oh I remember about this kid now. What a d***. You don't wish I'll upon people but if this isn't karma telling him to go suck a fat one, I don't know what else it is.

I was wondering what happened to him but to see what ended up happening, you can't help but think that he got his just desserts

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
At the end of the day these are kids getting paid good money at 18 years old to do something they love. Plenty of adults have to make sacrifices for their jobs, so why should this be any different?

Can't handle being away from home at 18? That's fine, just don't nominate for the national draft until you can.

FMD I would've moved to Antarctica if I was being offered 85-100k as an 18 year old fresh out of High School.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sam: Have you told interstate clubs that you don't want to leave Victoria?

Archie Perkins: I have and I hope they take that on board. Personally I feel I'm not ready (to move) in my stage of life and I feel it would impact me.

Archie Perkins: I've spoken to a lot of people and they've said 'I didn't want to move away from Victoria as well' but they didn't say it and I was like 'you could have said it and stay here', I'm just confident enough to say it (that I don't want to leave the state).
Well well well - Perkins has gone from zero chance of lasting to our 2nd pick to 50% in one interview....assuming the AFL don't get involved here and tell Perkins to pull his head in and that he has 18 prospective employers not 10.

Apr 28, 2001
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Deals like involving GC and Geelong come to mind. Ie A future first for 27 with the pressure of live drafting and pick trading.
Sure, the GC/Geelong thing felt a bit one sided but the pick had no value to GC so they were still better off.

I just think that of course we should canvas all options, but we shouldn’t bypass a chance to improve our hand because we are waiting around to be showered with gold

Sure, the GC/Geelong thing felt a bit one sided but the pick had no value to GC so they were still better off.

I just think that of course we should canvas all options, but we shouldn’t bypass a chance to improve our hand because we are waiting around to be showered with gold
It’s why us members help pay people to make the tough decisions for the club.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the end of the day these are kids getting paid good money at 18 years old to do something they love. Plenty of adults have to make sacrifices for their jobs, so why should this be any different?

Can't handle being away from home at 18? That's fine, just don't nominate for the national draft until you can.

FMD I would've moved to Antarctica if I was being offered 85-100k as an 18 year old fresh out of High School.
What if you were being offered the same money to work down the street?

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love how this (empty) thread has already had 113 views

Make that 114 ;)

1607477575370.png

The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
This indicates that you have a choice. You don't get to pick where you go in a national draft.

Of course everyone would pick staying close to home but if its the difference of going interstate or not getting picked, I'm packing my bags.

Just out of curiosity, does draft position impact first year contracts? Because being firm on this position could cause you to slide and cost you money? I don't know thr answer personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf

Then I'd also be happy? Way to miss the point entirely.

You think the guys who are a chance to get picked up later on in the draft or in the rookie draft would be saying the same things publicly?

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh I remember about this kid now. What a d***. You don't wish I'll upon people but if this isn't karma telling him to go suck a fat one, I don't know what else it is.

I was wondering what happened to him but to see what ended up happening, you can't help but think that he got his just desserts

Apparently his old man was the main d*** with all of that and I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Before my net went down weeks ago:
Adelaide supporters: nar nar we are taking McDonald
These days:
Adelaide supporters: Nar nar we are taking hollands

I have nothing else to say

Status