Preview 2020 AFL National Draft Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Then I'd also be happy? Way to miss the point entirely.

You think the guys who are a chance to get picked up later on in the draft or in the rookie draft would be saying the same things publicly?
You're saying that being prepared to relocate to anywhere in the country should be a prerequisite for playing in the afl. Not sure about this. Obviously what he is doing is prejudicial to the draft but this seems to have been going on for years. The only difference is that he's saying it on radio (having been asked about it), rather than privately through his manager.

Not that you've said this but what really irks me here is people inferring that he doesn't have the character to play afl because of it. Firstly, I don't see any evidence of a correlation between commitment on field and willingness to move state and, secondly, we don't know anything about his personal circumstances.

This indicates that you have a choice. You don't get to pick where you go in a national draft.

Of course everyone would pick staying close to home but if its the difference of going interstate or not getting picked, I'm packing my bags.

Just out of curiosity, does draft position impact first year contracts? Because being firm on this position could cause you to slide and cost you money? I don't know thr answer personally

Here's the payment model (Pre COVID new pay deal minus 5-10k)

1607479177858.png

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I found it interesting that he would say that. Certainly calls into question his commitment to play at the highest level whatever he says about it not being an issue. I guess at least interstate clubs know where they stand with him tho. Unlike someone they draft who is looking for a ticket home asap.

he's still a boy people seem to forget that. Heck I'm 52 an not yet mature enough for the big leagues.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I can't believe the bed wetting on Perkins.

The WA kids do it all the time.

We have to cop it with interstate players from time to time, it's swings and roundabouts and our turn to profit from it,

A certain Nick Blakey wasn't willing to move from John's bottom bedroom, just because it's a function of the draft system doesn't make it much different. He didn't opt to go in the main draft......

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
You're saying that being prepared to relocate to anywhere in the country should be a prerequisite for playing in the afl. Not sure about this. Obviously what he is doing is prejudicial to the draft but this seems to have been going on for years. The only difference is that he's saying it on radio (having been asked about it), rather than privately through his manager.

Not that you've said this but what really irks me here is people inferring that he doesn't have the character to play afl because of it. Firstly, I don't see any evidence of a correlation between commitment on field and willingness to move state and, secondly, we don't know anything about his personal circumstances.

Clubs should get more power to trade players.
Players have all the power now

I can't believe the bed wetting on Perkins.

The WA kids do it all the time.

We have to cop it with interstate players from time to time, it's swings and roundabouts and our turn to profit from it,

A certain Nick Blakey wasn't willing to move from John's bottom bedroom, just because it's a function of the draft system doesn't make it much different. He didn't opt to go in the main draft......
Caleb Poulter has said he'd prefer to stay in SA,big deal.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh I remember about this kid now. What a d***. You don't wish I'll upon people but if this isn't karma telling him to go suck a fat one, I don't know what else it is.

I was wondering what happened to him but to see what ended up happening, you can't help but think that he got his just desserts
Arse hat. Such a perfect expression for the seemingly endless conveyor belt of mouth breathers desperate to get to that dumpster fire of a club. Devon Smith and Dylan Shiel being more recent examples.

Well well well - Perkins has gone from zero chance of lasting to our 2nd pick to 50% in one interview....assuming the AFL don't get involved here and tell Perkins to pull his head in and that he has 18 prospective employers not 10.
Next thing he could say he only wants to play for a big Victorian club. That is not a good look to be honest.

I am surprised the lack of interest in Finlay Macrae to be honest , I followed his brother closely in his underage football. Finlay at same age was tracking above jack in regards to development and output and it was only late in his draft year that Jack pushed up draft boards with a bullet. I rarely post but I can’t see how Jack Macrae would not be our best midfielder since Boomer on current output, I fear we will regret watching Finlay accumulate possessions at will against us for years to come . Outstanding family, great genes , I would be thrilled if he was available at 11
Watched his highlights video. His kicking was phenomenal and I would be proud if he joined our great club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back