Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
So is there a silly reverse order top ten thing happening or is it straight into the number one pick?

I think they did that reverse order just the one year and it was booed until my throat was sore.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the highest rated players are KPP, if you wanted a midfielder the pick is probably less valuable to you than it would be to someone who wanted a KPP so you could potentially get the same player you want plus get some other value out of it.

If we traded 2 for 4 and 24 (or some other nearby pick) then the top 4 would likely be JUH, Thilthorpe, McDonald and DGB or whatever combination of that group, I have doubts Hollands would be taken before our pick and if he does the backup would be Phillips.

Looking at Twomey's phantom, he has O'Driscoll at 26. Also has us down for Powell at 13, Perkins and Macrae are also available with that pick.

I'd be pretty happy if we came out of the draft with Hollands/Phillips, Powell/Perkins/Macrae and O'Driscoll then spent 30 and 39 on KPP/Rucks.
Yeah see what you are saying i suppose what i am wondering is say we asked for lets say 6 7 for it and we dont get it means we where willing to give away 1 of the top 5 for 6 7 but if we keep 2 and pick 1 of the 5 which we were willing to give up
Old school thought processes are not necessarily bad thought processes tho.
Would we be saying the same thing if Mcdonald Hollans Thilthorpe DGB came out and said the same thing.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Matt Balmer= who told you to put the....on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Next thing he could say he only wants to play for a big Victorian club. That is not a good look to be honest.
That is right we talk about compromise drafts well players choosing where they want to play is just another way to further compromise drafts. So we finish last next year but cannot get the best kid in the draft cause Horne only wants to play in SA. So in a sense we can only get the 2nd best kid as long as he wants to play in VIC. So we could posibly finish last next year and end up with pick who knows 2 3 5 depends if they dont want to relocate. And next step will be choosing what VIC clubs they want to join.

pitchster

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That is right we talk about compromise drafts well players choosing where they want to play is just another way to further compromise drafts. So we finish last next year but cannot get the best kid in the draft cause Horne only wants to play in SA. So in a sense we can only get the 2nd best kid as long as he wants to play in VIC. So we could posibly finish last next year and end up with pick who knows 2 3 5 depends if they dont want to relocate. And next step will be choosing what VIC clubs they want to join.
Sinn, Sonsie, Hobbs all there abouts anyway. In fact i think id prefer Sinn, hes a big unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back