Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, but thoughts on trading our pick #2 to Sydney for pick #5 + 2021 1st?

Similar to the GWS-Adelaide trade last season, this would allow Sydney to pick up an early 1st before a bid on Campbell.

Would also give us another rollercoaster year of death riding.

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, but thoughts on trading our pick #2 to Sydney for pick #5 + 2021 1st?

Similar to the GWS-Adelaide trade last season, this would allow Sydney to pick up an early 1st before a bid on Campbell.

Depends how keen we are on someone I guess. If we wanted Grainger-Barras or McDonald we’re not likely to let 3 clubs have a crack before we do.

I think you have to take that

Yeah, you'd snap their hands off for that. They'll be a bottom 5 side again next year.

Depends how keen we are on someone I guess. If we wanted Grainger-Barras or McDonald we’re not likely to let 3 clubs have a crack before we do.
True, the way I see it is that it would guarantee one of Hollands/Phillips/DGB/McDonald/Thilthorpe is available to us. At this point all 5 would be in contention for our #2 pick anyway. But Brady might be super keen on one of them.

True, the way I see it is that it would guarantee one of Hollands/Phillips/DGB/McDonald/Thilthorpe is available to us. At this point all 5 would be in contention for our #2 pick anyway. But Brady might be super keen on one of them.

The All Australian under 16 ruck rover and Vic Metro MVP ...........THE MAN CHILD..................WILL PHILLIPS! :thumbsu:

1595941683529.png

1595941516926.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball will always move faster than players do. But how many years will we go through where we refuse to draft players with leg speed, then continually wonder why we are being cut up by fast rebounding players with good footskills while our contested midfield pack catches its breath on the HBF?

Not sure if you saw this one:

Let's be frank GR, at the same age he's probably better than Cunners.

What's more, he'll be bigger and he looks quicker also.

Cunnington MK II

Nah he's different.

Similar handballing skills and in tight ability.

Cunners is a much better mark and forward when there. Was a far better goal kicker at junior level.

I mentioned a few pages back, but Phillips is the best 'defensive' midfielder I've seen in a long long time.

He hunts opponents around the ball like I've never seen before, revels in huge tackle numbers and defensive metrics.

He's like a combo of Cunnington and Swallow, but an even better defensive player than Spitta was.

Cunnington is a defensive liability, Phillips is a defensive phenom.

You are right though, I think he's better than Cunnington at the same age.

I'd take him with pick #1 if we had it. He looked every bit as good as Rowell in the TAC Cup finals last year in the same midfield.

I hate the campaigner, but he probably most closely resembles someone like Selwood, his ball winning is a bit like Lachie Neale though.

Last edited:
Excellent.

He works the inside of the centre square whilst Jy & LDU do the side step slip on the outside.

He'll be a MAJOR asset against an opposition ruckman who is dominating. He can basically negate the best opposition mid under those circumstances.

Do you expect him to be quick out of the blocks once drafted Pykie? He looks it to me.

Excellent.

He works the inside of the centre square whilst Jy & LDU do the side step slip on the outside.

He'll be a MAJOR asset against an opposition ruckman who is dominating.

Do you expect him to be quick out of the blocks once drafted Pykie? He looks it to me.

Oh yeah, would probably be the early favourite for next years RS imo.

Oh yeah, would probably be the early favourite for next years RS imo.

Looks like I'm sold although you are meant to be weary of the man child.... still like McDonald and Hollands is an unknown so maybe steer clear of that as we have a few of those in comben and Perez yet on our list

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah he's different.

Cunners is a much better mark and forward when there. Was a far better goal kicker at junior level.

I mentioned a few pages back, but Phillips is the best 'defensive' midfielder I've seen in a long long time.

He hunts opponents around the ball like I've never seen before, revels in huge tackle numbers and defensive metrics.

He's like a combo of Cunnington and Swallow, but an even better defensive player than Spitta was.

I'd take him with pick #1 if we had it. He looked every bit as good as Rowell in the TAC Cup finals last year in the same midfield.

I hate the campaigner, but he probably most closely resembles someone like Selwood, his ball winning is a bit like Lachie Neale though.

How long till Rhys tries to convert him into a defender?

I fully expect him to rocket into pick 1 contention before long, and it's only the 'unknown' factor of JUH missing the year that will keep McDonald from being the obvious #1 pick.

Kid has it and plenty over in WA have known for a while.
I'm from WA and I haven't never heard of plenty. Who's he?

Yep, I like Phillips.

My preference for our first if picking best available would be McDonald, closely followed by Phillips.

Nah he's different.

Just seen more footage of Will. He can definitely burst out of stoppages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back