Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
We are getting shat on from a great height with this academy bullshit.

The AFL have decreed northern clubs get priority access to top talent without genuine resistance.

Everything else including the shonky NGA system was cobbled together after that as a sop to the rest to keep the scam going.

This included mysteriously carving any state or national region actually likely to throw up a talented indigenous player to be under the stewardship of the Victorian 'big 6"

The emergence of Tarryn must've had a couple of AFL executives exchanging a dollar after a gentleman's bet..

1575415730156.png

ADC eDPS 2020 early draft rankings

View attachment 788068
A bit surprised to see Macrae rated that highly. When Phillyroo and I watched him playing school footy he was certainly classy when he had it but struggled to accumulate much. Even for a year 11 kid you'd expect him to dominate more if he's a likely 1st round talent. By comparison Josh Sinn who will be in the 2021 draft looked almost ready to go.

That said, Xavier didn't have a great team this year. Maybe he would have been better with a stronger senior midfield around him. Am I missing something?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
A bit surprised to see Macrae rated that highly. When Phillyroo and I watched him playing school footy he was certainly classy when he had it but struggled to accumulate much. Even for a year 11 kid you'd expect him to dominate more if he's a likely 1st round talent. By comparison Josh Sinn who will be in the 2021 draft looked almost ready to go.

That said, Xavier didn't have a great team this year. Maybe he would have been better with a stronger senior midfield around him. Am I missing something?
Macrae improves as the year went on and he really stood out to me in a 17s futures game where he got a stack of the ball and atleast 10 disposals more than the next player.

Sinn is a gun and would be a leading contender to go top 5 in the 2021 draft.

All the Tassie boys are coming over for a training camp soon (Davis, Banks, Callow, Walker, Collins)
Surely we could find some Italian or Greek or indigenous grandmother for some of them?

I keep checking this thread in the hope of finding that Banks has an Asian grandfather three times removed which magically qualifies him for our academy.

Though I'm sure the AFL will have a rule hidden deep somewhere stating Asians aren't really multicultural....well not Tasmanian one's anyway.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I keep checking this thread in the hope of finding that Banks has an Asian grandfather three times removed which magically qualifies him for our academy.

Though I'm sure the AFL will have a rule hidden deep somewhere stating Asians aren't really multicultural....well not Tasmanian one's anyway.

Born in Bali during an overseas holiday would be handy.....

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
Surely we could find some Italian or Greek or indigenous grandmother for some of them?
Get him over my folks house for a weekend. He will be calling them yiayia and pappou, smashing full trays of mousaka and put on a couple kg’s. Banksias would be NGA for sure.

Only issue would be my old man would probably get him on the ouzo

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Macrae improves as the year went on and he really stood out to me in a 17s futures game where he got a stack of the ball and atleast 10 disposals more than the next player.

Sinn is a gun and would be a leading contender to go top 5 in the 2021 draft.
I’ve seen both Macrae and Eddie Ford play quite a lot, and I’m obviously no expert, but I would take Ford 100 times out of 100 over Macrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the Tassie boys are coming over for a training camp soon (Davis, Banks, Callow, Walker, Collins)

WHICH 2020 PROSPECTS ARE TRAINING AT YOUR CLUB?

Adelaide: Corey Durdin, James Borlase, Luke Edwards, Kane Baldwin
Brisbane: Blake Coleman, Saxon Crozier, Carter Michael
Carlton: Henry Walsh, Noah Gribble, Nikolas Cox
Collingwood: Eddie Ford, Reef McInnes
Essendon: Cody Brand, Josh Treacy, Josh Eyre
Fremantle: Joel Western, Jack Carroll, Brandon Walker, Shannon Neale, Denver Grainer-Barass
Geelong: Tanner Bruhn, Oliver Henry, Nick Stevens
Gold Coast: Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Brodie Lake
Greater Western Sydney: Joshua Green
Hawthorn: Connor Downie, Will Parker, Zach Reid
Melbourne: Ollie Lord, Will Phillips
North Melbourne: Sam Collins, Jackson Callow, Oliver Davis, Patrick Walker, Sam Banks (2021 draft)
Port Adelaide: Henry Smith, Lachlan Jones, Zac Dumesny, Taj Schofield, Riley Thilthorpe
Richmond: Xavier Maher, Elijah Hollands
St Kilda: Jake Bowey, Archie Perkins
Sydney: Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden
West Coast: Nathan O'Driscoll, Heath Chapman, Blake Morris, Logan McDonald, Zane Trew
Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Finlay Macrae, Cody Raak

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
WHICH 2020 PROSPECTS ARE TRAINING AT YOUR CLUB?

Adelaide: Corey Durdin, James Borlase, Luke Edwards, Kane Baldwin
Brisbane: Blake Coleman, Saxon Crozier, Carter Michael
Carlton: Henry Walsh, Noah Gribble, Nikolas Cox
Collingwood: Eddie Ford, Reef McInnes
Essendon: Cody Brand, Josh Treacy, Josh Eyre
Fremantle: Joel Western, Jack Carroll, Brandon Walker, Shannon Neale, Denver Grainer-Barass
Geelong: Tanner Bruhn, Oliver Henry, Nick Stevens
Gold Coast: Alex Davies, Joel Jeffrey, Brodie Lake
Greater Western Sydney: Joshua Green
Hawthorn: Connor Downie, Will Parker, Zach Reid
Melbourne: Ollie Lord, Will Phillips
North Melbourne: Sam Collins, Jackson Callow, Oliver Davis, Patrick Walker, Sam Banks (2021 draft)
Port Adelaide: Henry Smith, Lachlan Jones, Zac Dumesny, Taj Schofield, Riley Thilthorpe
Richmond: Xavier Maher, Elijah Hollands
St Kilda: Jake Bowey, Archie Perkins
Sydney: Braeden Campbell, Errol Gulden
West Coast: Nathan O'Driscoll, Heath Chapman, Blake Morris, Logan McDonald, Zane Trew
Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Finlay Macrae, Cody Raak

Dogs have the next Buddy training with them en route to priority access.

We have a bunch of blokes who give us diddly squat benefit. Where's the western districts NGA kids?

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As a proud and passionate North and Oakleigh Chargers fan. It makes me sick to my stomach that this kid will be in Bulldogs jumper in 12 months. Of all the elite talent I’ve seen come through the doors at Oakleigh. This is probably the most talented. I would absolutely kill to have this kid as a Roo. As if the Bulldogs know anything about managing young Aboriginal talent anyway.

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
How is Oakleigh a part of Western Bulldogs zone? I grew up in Oakleigh. We wouldn’t be caught having to drive over the West Gate. Poor bastard

How is Oakleigh a part of Western Bulldogs zone? I grew up in Oakleigh. We wouldn’t be caught having to drive over the West Gate. Poor bastard

Its west of the International Dateline isn't it?
Come on that's gotta count for something.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
From our good friend at TheTruthNMFC twitter feed:

AFL: Jackson Callow training with North Melbourne

December 7 2019 - 6:30PM

Tasmania Devils and North Launceston power forward Jackson Callow is among 56 draft suitors training with an AFL club ahead of the 2020 season.

The 17-year-old, who took home Male Sportsperson of the Year in The Examiner's Junior Sports Awards earlier this year, is one of five Tasmanians training at North Melbourne.

He will be joined by Devils teammates Sam Collins and Patrick Walker, who both play at North Hobart as well as Oliver Davis and 2021 draft hope Sam Banks, who ply their trade for Clarence.

With the bulk of the 56 players selected based on their performances in the AFL All Stars' futures game, played on grand final day featuring both Callow and Collins, others were selected as Next Generation Academy picks or those who missed through injury.

The training sessions certainly won't do Callow's 2020 draft chances any harm, with Brodie Kemp, Cooper Stephens, Jackson Mead and Trent Bianco all finding spots at the clubs where they trained last pre-season.

Callow's 2019 season was highlighted by a stunning performance in the TSL grand final, where he kicked three goals - including a fantastic boundary-line shot after wrapping Oscar Shaw holding the ball.

At NAB League level, the 192-centimetre star finished fifth in the competition's goal-kicking with 24 majors behind the likes of Gippsland Power's Fraser Phillips, who was picked up by Carlton in this year's rookie draft.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back