AFL 2020 - AFL Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have watched most of the Swans last 6 matches (1 win from their last 6), and even in their win against Hawthorn( had a few lucky calls involving Tom Papley)- they have been dire. The only positive, is they look like they have a few youngsters they can rebuild on and bounce back in 2021.

i don't think any of the inclusions this week makes Sydney a better team. Swans are missing from their best 22: Isaac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, George Hewett, Naismith and Franklin. Also keep in mind Dane Rampe is playing injured- I do sense he will play tonight but it may be look to have a bet on which forward plays on him to kick goals. Collingwood like Melbourne last night and being positioned just outside of the Top 8- see this as a 'non-negotiable' must-win tonight and Buckley has named the best side possible.

The line for tonight is Collingwood -18.5 points and I sense that should get up.

I looked up the odds for mookieb 's bet today but didn't tail the bet. I just dont even

Now I'm going to jump on board the final quarter blowout train. Probably a day too late but oh well.

St.K final quarter 33+ @ 56

St Kilda second half 37+ @13

They kicked 41-8 in the final quarter against the Swans and 30-2 in the final quarter against Port.

An extra days rest against a Suns team full of kids coming off four days rest, I like those odds.
Which book?

Thursday Night Brotherly Love Multis

70$ Ben Reid AGS/Sam Reid AGS/Ben King AGS/Max King AGS @ 4.83 (SB)
30$ Reid 2+/Reid 2+/King 2+/ King 2+ @ 117.32 (LADS) (Odds boosted to 141.75

Pies 1-39
Saints -12.5
Giants -13.5
@$6.68 BE

Sydney just can't score and now they've dropped the Lizard and two other creative players. Reid will straighten up the Pies. Swans don't get smashed so 1-39 @1.83 looks like a better bet than the line IMO.

GC are competitive but the Saints ballistic offensive play will wear them down and an extra days break should be telling. I'd stay away from Max though as Collins has been exceptional this year.

Zwill makes a huge difference to the Giants ball movement while Essendon are struggling to find goalkickers. Giants should have this line covered by half time.

Last edited:
Elliott and sidebum both fwd pocket. I thought Elliott looked dangerous last game, and sidey has now kicked 4g in his 5 games. gabba will be fine. hoping pies run all over sydney for a biggish win with several goals.

1u Elliott ags @1.83 sb/b365
0.5u Elliott 2g+ @5.50 sb
0.3u Elliott 3g+ @19 sb
0.1u Elliott 4g+ @81 sb
0.1u Elliott 5g+ @151 be
1u Sidebottom ags @2.33 b365
0.5u Sidebottom 2g+ @7 sb
0.2u Sidebottom 3g+ @26 sb
0.1u Sidebottom 4g+ @101 sb

would you consider doing a SGM on Sidebottom and Elliot for goals? I get the feeling there will be goals in the Collingwood forward line to share tonight.

So good :) how much time is he forward as opposed to Ruck? Could be a saints free for all late if games in hand and Gc tire out on 4 day break, so hopefully he is down there if he doesn't snag one early, easy way to spend a bonus bet instead of using actual funds
Yeah he's been more forward than ruck lately but who knows they might give Ryder a break by resting him fwd more but you can hedge the Marshall AGS with Ryder AGS $2.50 TAB as well.

I looked up the odds for mookieb 's bet today but didn't tail the bet. I just dont even

Now I'm going to jump on board the final quarter blowout train. Probably a day too late but oh well.

They kicked 41-8 in the final quarter against the Swans and 30-2 in the final quarter against Port.

An extra days rest against a Suns team full of kids coming off four days rest, I like those odds.

Which book?
SB margin markets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if GC will roll over like Ade did, but it's certainly a chance.

Stats are interesting for this one. GC are good in 3rd quarters (5th) vs Stk who are poor (16th). In 4th quarters this is reversed (StK 6 vs GC 16th).

There would be a good chance this game mimics the last one. GC competitive trim the lead in the 3rd quarter, putting pressure on StK to respond and over run GC in the last when fatigue kicks in from the 4 day break. GC players put up the white flag and StK run amok.

If StK are cruising with a big lead coming into the last they might just take their foot off the gas.

StK 13+ 4th qtr at TAB $3.5 looks attractive.

Have watched most of the Swans last 6 matches (1 win from their last 6), and even in their win against Hawthorn( had a few lucky calls involving Tom Papley)- they have been dire. The only positive, is they look like they have a few youngsters they can rebuild on and bounce back in 2021.

i don't think any of the inclusions this week makes Sydney a better team. Swans are missing from their best 22: Isaac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, George Hewett, Naismith and Franklin. Also keep in mind Dane Rampe is playing injured- I do sense he will play tonight but it may be look to have a bet on which forward plays on him to kick goals. Collingwood like Melbourne last night and being positioned just outside of the Top 8- see this as a 'non-negotiable' must-win tonight and Buckley has named the best side possible.

The line for tonight is Collingwood -18.5 points and I sense that should get up.
This post is very much correct. Syd are actually doing quite well given the team they trot out each week is extremely weak. They are saved by a good backline and solid coaching, but excluding their backline they are basically talent free except for Papley and Parker. The game against Hawks (ugh) the momentum swung through the Papley double goal and Hawks disposal efficiency was horrific.

I have no doubt Coll win, but Syd at home might keep it close by view of the fact Coll struggles to put on big scores.

I have no doubt Coll win, but Syd at home might keep it close by view of the fact Coll struggles to put on big scores.

If Sydney's home is Queensland, true.

TBH I have no idea where half the games are played or the time of games too. :drunk:

1.5u @ $2.05 - Ben Reid more goals than Will Hayward (Lads)
Will Hayward listed to play at Half Back while Reid up forward. I'll take those odds.

0.5u @ $2.50 - Papley & Stephenson to both get a goal (Pointsbet Special)

Bonus Bet 0.5u @ $7.00
- Collingwood 1-39
- Sidebottom AGS
- Hoskin-Elliot AGS
- Maynard 15+

1.5u @ $2.00 - Saints -11.5 (Lads)

1u @ $2.30 - Tim Membrey more goals than Alex Sexton (Lads)

0.5u @ $2.50 - Ben & Max King to both get a goal (Pointsbet Special)

1u @ $3.30 SGM (SB Boosted)
- Saints Win
- Gresham AGS
- Billings 15+

Bonus Bet 0.5u @ $7.50 (SB)
- Saints 25+
- Max King AGS
- Butler AGS
- Billings AGS

Taken Sidebottom 2+ Goals, Elliot 2+ Goals SGM @ $44.25

just to keep things interesting on a Thursday night match.

Sidebottom kicked 2 last week in tough conditions last week and i feel Elliott will step up and try to fill in the role De Goey usually does as a small forward. In their highest scoring game this season against the Saints, Elliot kicked 2 goals.

I'm not sure if GC will roll over like Ade did, but it's certainly a chance.

Stats are interesting for this one. GC are good in 3rd quarters (5th) vs Stk who are poor (16th). In 4th quarters this is reversed (StK 6 vs GC 16th).

There would be a good chance this game mimics the last one. GC competitive trim the lead in the 3rd quarter, putting pressure on StK to respond and over run GC in the last when fatigue kicks in from the 4 day break. GC players put up the white flag and StK run amok.

If StK are cruising with a big lead coming into the last they might just take their foot off the gas.

StK 13+ 4th qtr at TAB $3.5 looks attractive.
Decent SGM’s following the trend
3Q line GC+2.5
4Q line StK-3.5
Match line StK -11.5
@$7.50 SB ($8.20 boosted)

or

3Q line GC+2.5
4Q line StK-3.5
Match margin StK 25+
@$11.75 SB ($12.75 boosted)

I liked the idea of Elliot 2+ a lot too going in, but according to the stats he has been playing pretty much pure midfield for as long as is relevant, despite being named starting on the field in a forward pocket in every game.

Why is this round going to be any different Collingwood fans?

He's gone goalless in 5 of his past 6 games, and kicked a solitary goal in the other game...

If he actually played deep forward all game, he'd be a lock for 2+, but why should he be considered today?

I liked the idea of Elliot 2+ a lot too going in, but according to the stats he has been playing pretty much pure midfield for as long as is relevant, despite being named starting on the field in a forward pocket in every game.

Why is this round going to be any different Collingwood fans?

He's gone goalless in 5 of his past 6 games, and kicked a solitary goal in the other game...

If he actually played deep forward all game, he'd be a lock for 2+, but why should he be considered today?
Agree he has gone mid... and WHE has taken up Degoey spot

The strength of the opposition, think Pies may fluctuate with Sidebottom/Elliot in midfield. Got to remember Sidebottom was suspended for part of this season and Bucks decided to throw Elliott into the midfield. He did have a bit of a golden run come the end of last year with bags of: 5,3,2 in consecutive weeks and bagged 2 goals against Brisbane at the GABBA last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back